Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Aug 13th 2011, 11:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Green Grass
Thanks Ponface. My concern with applying for a 626 and then moving to Australia and applying onshore for a DeFacto is that my partner would be arriving on a tourist visa and there would be a perception she did this with the intention of living in Austalia permanently on a PR visa. Applying for an off shore Defacto and then a 626 or ETA with knowledge of case officer of her intentions would appear to me to be a safer option. Also is it not the case that On shore applications are taking longer than the circa 5 months anticipated on applications to DIMA in London. Thanks
Onshore does generally take longer, yes. And you're quite right, its all to do with intent - arriving on a tourist visa the intent should be to leave again, not to stay and apply onshore for something else. Technically they can refuse entry of they think thats what is happening.
Arriving with the visa already applied for is different, if the CO has been advised and the applicant knows they have to leave if the visa isn't granted for some reason. Similarly arriving on a tourist visa, then falling in love, deciding to marry and applying to stay is OK, its all about declared intent when entering
Old Aug 14th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
congrats. can u tell me which office was ur case beni processed. mine is in brisbane.and when did u apply for second stage permanent spouse visa.i know its a long waiting game but i got some confidence now after seeing u got permanent residency
It was Melbourne... I had the second stage visa granted at.. but it does take a while and like I said a lot of paper work as proof of your intention to stay here in Australia and be a good citizen. Which I have been and will continue to be. Just always tell the truth and you will get there. Good luck.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Ergh...the waiting game!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Jlsr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I'm getting revved up to complete my Partner migration application, just have a questions regarding passport documentation. Both my passport (I'm the sponsor with PR) and my daughter's passport are in the process of being renewed/issued. They have quoted 8-12 weeks for this. Is it feasible to submit an application for spouse/dependant migration without these details noting they will be forwarded as soon as they are received?
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 15th 2011, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jlsr
Hi all,
I'm getting revved up to complete my Partner migration application, just have a questions regarding passport documentation. Both my passport (I'm the sponsor with PR) and my daughter's passport are in the process of being renewed/issued. They have quoted 8-12 weeks for this. Is it feasible to submit an application for spouse/dependant migration without these details noting they will be forwarded as soon as they are received?
Thanks in advance
Do you have your PR grant letter or a certified copy of your passport? They will want proof that you are eligible to sponsor your partner - ie proof that you are either a Permanent Resident or a citizen
Old Aug 15th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you have your PR grant letter or a certified copy of your passport? They will want proof that you are eligible to sponsor your partner - ie proof that you are either a Permanent Resident or a citizen
Hi Pollyana,
I have the original grant letter, but not a certified copy of PP. Would that be enough? I'm hoping it won't take too long as it's just a change of name for me, but my daughter's could take a while.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jlsr
Hi all,
Thanks in advance
Yes, but it could stop your application from being granted quickly. Believe it or not, partner visas can be granted within 24 hours of the application being recieved if it's complete and you get the right case officer.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Yes, but it could stop your application from being granted quickly. Believe it or not, partner visas can be granted within 24 hours of the application being recieved if it's complete and you get the right case officer.
A few years ago maybe. Highly unlikely now.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
A few years ago maybe. Highly unlikely now.
I beg to differ....

Edit: Ok - it was about 26 hours.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I beg to differ....

Edit: Ok - it was about 26 hours.
Really? Very impressed in that case. Well done.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Really? Very impressed in that case. Well done.
Even phoned to inform us.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Even phoned to inform us.
Wow, bet you weren't expecting that! How long ago was that? Onshore or offshore?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:53 am
Just Joined

sansin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hi everybody!! I have been reading your experiences with the visa processings and found it really helpful.
Can anyone please help? I have applied for the 2nd stage spouse visa subclass 100 in april 2011 and submitted all the documents that were asked by the department (they sent me all the forms and information through mail after 22 months of my 1st stage spouse visa application). Since then, I have not
heard from them except, the acknowledgement card they sent me back.
How long you guys assume it will take for the visa grant?
They did not ask for medical, do I need to undergo medical as well?

Thanks.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sansin
How long you guys assume it will take for the visa grant?
They did not ask for medical, do I need to undergo medical as well?

Thanks.
Wow, April! I am so inpatient that I keep checking my email several times a day and also BE as hope someone would inform that they have received their PR. Th waiting is getting to me. Ergh. Where si your application being processed? Melbourne seems to be quicker than Brisbane which seems to be about 4 months at the moment....

Can't wait for the waiting game to be finally OVER!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:12 am
Just Joined

sansin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying MainMel. I am not sure of location, but guess is Brisbane centre. How long does it take?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.