Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:35 pm
Moving to Adelaide May'12

CarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Julianne
Woah

New update…
So my partner (applicant) has absolutely no idea where his South African birth certificate is… When he submitted the application, he sent in a declaration regarding his date and place of birth, including 3 passports and his South African ID book. Our case officer has request a certified copy of his birth certificate within 28 days… South African birth certificate take 6 MONTHS to be reissued… we are going to tear apart our flat this evening to see if we can hunt it down – because if we don’t, I’m rather fearful of what the outcome will be…. AHHHH!
Have you explained this to your case officer? I have a delay in getting my medical and police check to mine and as yet they haven't said this will be a problem, even though they only gave me 49 days to send this info in and I'm near to or past that.

You may have already told them. Just a thought

X
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CarlyChalk
Have you explained this to your case officer? I have a delay in getting my medical and police check to mine and as yet they haven't said this will be a problem, even though they only gave me 49 days to send this info in and I'm near to or past that.

You may have already told them. Just a thought

X
He hasn't yet replied to the CO! HOWEVER - I came home this afternoon and turned the filing cabinet upside down and guess what... found his birth certificate! Stress over. The copy he has is a certified copy from 2008 and assume this will be fine. It was certified in South Africa by a police officer and as this is a legal form of certification in South Africa, I trust it should be fit for purpose here. We would have only had 28 days to sort one also if I didn't manage to dig this one out! We were freaking out!

I think he slightly misread the document list. It says if you do not have a birth certificate you have to do x,y & z... however I think this applies to people who literally do not have a birth certificate (for whatever reason ie. refugee). Even if he didn't have a copy on him, there are ways to have another printed. Slight hiccup, but in the scheme of things, I think it should be fine. They didn't request any other information, so I gather that is the only thing missing. Fingers crossed all of the evidence is good to go.

Feel like a bit of a tool - but I guess it goes to show how closely you need to read all of the information!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

azyure is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,

Good news you found the birth certificate Julianne - must be quite a relief!

I went to Australia House in London today and submitted the Spouse Visa application - thanks for all your replies regarding payment - they took it then and there which was good (least I don't have to keep checking my bank account!)

Was slightly embarrassed though as he took a look at some of my stuff and handed me back 2 years worth (I had put in documentation from when we met in 2005 to 2011) and said that it really wasn't necessary - oh well - better to be over-prepared I guess.

So now I am playing the waiting game with everyone else!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by azyure
Hi again,

Good news you found the birth certificate Julianne - must be quite a relief!

I went to Australia House in London today and submitted the Spouse Visa application - thanks for all your replies regarding payment - they took it then and there which was good (least I don't have to keep checking my bank account!)

Was slightly embarrassed though as he took a look at some of my stuff and handed me back 2 years worth (I had put in documentation from when we met in 2005 to 2011) and said that it really wasn't necessary - oh well - better to be over-prepared I guess.

So now I am playing the waiting game with everyone else!
Congratulations on submitting! It is a great feeling!
Sounds like you were super prepeare with your application, which is certianly a very good thing!

So glad I found his birth certificate. He obvioulsy didn't look hard enough when he first searched for it. And it was even more of a plus that it was a certified copy that he had on file! No need to mess around!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

panacea1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the latest submission date anyone has seen that has now been approved? Any from first week in March?!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by panacea1977
What's the latest submission date anyone has seen that has now been approved? Any from first week in March?!
If you look back a few pages, someone who submitted on 22nd Feb had their application aprroved (3mths, 3 weeks). The majority I have seen recently have all been 5 months to the day more or less. Hope this helps
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by panacea1977
I put mine in 14 February and still waiting I was expecting it to come through mid July so hopefully not too much longer to wait
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ravvers
I put mine in 14 February and still waiting I was expecting it to come through mid July so hopefully not too much longer to wait
You can't be too far off
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

panacea1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Thanks both. I'm March 4th. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

brushmate is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

my partner visa was lodged 24th march.....God im gona have to wait quite a while yet
Old Jul 4th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

laura250blue is an unknown quantity at this point

JUST HAD MY VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Submitted (not frontloaded) on 8th Feb 2011

Visa granted july 4th 2011!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laura250blue

Congratulations! That is excellent news! Bet you are super happy!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laura250blue

Wow congrats

Hopefully I've not got too much longer to wait then as I applied 14 Feb. However, just found out today my case officer is going off on planned sick leave so all her cases moved and I've got someone new. Hope the change over doesn't hold things up

But BIG congrats to you and start packing
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

laura250blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you - we are delighted - cant stop crying happy tears that its over. Its the best feeling - good luck to everyone still waiting
Old Jul 4th 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like a day for granting visas as I got the APPROVED email this evening.

They have given me the subclass 100 visa so I don't have to worry about going through it all again

Flights booked and we're out of here on 27 July, so watch out Central Coast here we come!!

Now where's the champers, time to celebrate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.