Sponsorship

Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

ernie24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship

Does anyone know if I can be sponsored by my partner's parents to get residency in Australia. My partner is Australian but we do not live to gether so I can't move over on a partner visa.

I know I could get a working holiday visa (18-30) but i'm not sure how easy it'd be to get residency once I was there??

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship

Originally Posted by ernie24
Does anyone know if I can be sponsored by my partner's parents to get residency in Australia. My partner is Australian but we do not live to gether so I can't move over on a partner visa.
Are you planning to live together anytime soon?

And/or get married?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Are you planning to live together anytime soon?

And/or get married?
We weren't planning to before we moved out there!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

We weren't planning to before we moved out there!
If you're planning to get married, have you thought about a fiance visa?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you're planning to get married, have you thought about a fiance visa?
Is it not possible to be sponsored by my partner's family??
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:13 am
JAJ
Retired

Is it not possible to be sponsored by my partner's family??
No, it isn't.

Either you get married/engaged, or you live together for 12 months, or you qualify for a visa independently.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
No, it isn't.

Either you get married/engaged, or you live together for 12 months, or you qualify for a visa independently.
Thanks for your help!

You don't happen to know who are the best people to talk to for independent advice about moving to Oz do you??
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:13 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help!

You don't happen to know who are the best people to talk to for independent advice about moving to Oz do you??
Hi Ernie,

The best people to talk to for independent advice? No I'd never make that claim but you're welcome to drop us an email to discuss it.

Cheers,

George Lombard