Sponsered Butchers Work in Australia help?

Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

liamkoopa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsered Butchers Work in Australia help?

Hi all, I'm a 21 year old butcher from the United Kingdom, I've wanted to move to Australia all my life and I know my job is on the list of skills that Australia is looking for. I've been a butcher since I left school so that's nearly six years and I know that's enough experience as well. But I've been looking online and I cant find any details or job openings for getting a sponsored butchers job in Australia, and I'm about dubious about trusting the majority of sites that come up on google. Could anybody point me in the right direction and also leave any additional tips, advice or opinions on living in Australia as well? Thanks in advance. Liam
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsered Butchers Work in Australia help?

Well butcher is on the CSOL, but I would not interpret that to mean that employers are falling over themselves to sponsor. Employers do not typically like to recruit from overseas, the majority prefer to recruit locally and accordingly you are unlikely to have much luck finding a website for "sponsored jobs".

To be able to sponsor, companies need to meet certain criteria including the need to demonstrate that they tried to recruit an Australian but were unable. T be honest, I think your chances of pulling this off are really quite remote. Perhaps you should consider a working holiday visa and if you are very fortunate, you might find work here that leads to a sponsorship ... or you might meet a nice Aussie girl..
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

liamkoopa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I knew my chances were pretty slim. I looked into a working holiday visa before I thought of the 457 visa, but the reason I wanted to go with the sponsorship was the guarantee of work before I landed in Australia and not having to worry about running around trying to get a job as soon as I land. But it is something I will research more in to now. There's just so much to take in and it's hard to know where to start. Thanks again for responding!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked if any of the states are sponsoring?