Qualification equivalents

Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:53 am
Just Joined

ScoMiffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualification equivalents

Hi,

I was in touch with IXP Group just before Christmas and after going through an online assessment the guy was saying I would qualify to apply for my visa that I'm after to move to Australia.

I'm just wondering if anyone has back in the 80's/90's done a YTS apprenticeship? I did this spreading over two years and it was a part college part work apprenticeship. The guy that I spoke to told me that would qualify as a Diploma. But before I get excited and apply for my visa (probably not through this company though), I want to find out how I check this is correct.

I have phoned Scottish Education qualifications and colleges and no one seems to know if it would be, I was told that now a days it would be classed as NVQ's but I'm not sure to what level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I'm looking for a good immigration company to go with, or should I bother with one?

Thanks muchly.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualification equivalents

Originally Posted by ScoMiffy
Hi,

I was in touch with IXP Group just before Christmas and after going through an online assessment the guy was saying I would qualify to apply for my visa that I'm after to move to Australia.

I'm just wondering if anyone has back in the 80's/90's done a YTS apprenticeship? I did this spreading over two years and it was a part college part work apprenticeship. The guy that I spoke to told me that would qualify as a Diploma. But before I get excited and apply for my visa (probably not through this company though), I want to find out how I check this is correct.

I have phoned Scottish Education qualifications and colleges and no one seems to know if it would be, I was told that now a days it would be classed as NVQ's but I'm not sure to what level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I'm looking for a good immigration company to go with, or should I bother with one?

Thanks muchly.
Before you do anything you probably need a skills assessment - what's your occupation?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:16 am
Just Joined

I'm a Finance Officer/Project Business Manager
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:27 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Finance Officer/Project Business Manager
I've had a quick look at the CSOL and not sure what occupation you would be applying under. Do you know the ANZSCO code? Or have a look at the CSOL - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...df/csol.pdf‎

Skills assessments vary with occupation - you need to see if you can pass the skills assessment and go from there. If you have qualifications relevant to the skills assessment, you may get the 10 points that Diploma holders get. Details of points, and other aspects of skilled visas on Skill Select - booklet for 189/190/489 (main visas) also have details - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks very much, will look into that tonight.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:53 am

Hi, thanks very much, will look into that tonight.
No worries - hope it helps