Some Immigration Agents - Beware!

Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of
Default Some Immigration Agents - Beware!

Just a warning to people about some immigration agents.

Make sure you get a written quote for the services provided from the beginning. Our agent (who shall remain un-named) but is based in Brisbane, gave us a quote over the phone, when we were overseas, (ie not in Australia), then claimed that the real fee was a couple of thousand dollars more than quoted, after we had arrived in Oz.
When we stood up to the agent, we found him consistently to be a liar about the original situation, and we had to be very assertive (it's a good thing we could speak english...what about the poor people who are not very confident), and yes, we too found that they got back to us only when they felt like it.

They also wanted to charge ridiculously expensive fees for tasks that took us half an hour to complete ourselves.

We regret that we used an agent at all. We would have saved a lot of time, money and tears if we hadn't of.

All I can say is...make sure you quote the code of conduct to them, don't take any crap, and make sure you complain about them to the body that regulates the industry when you can! Oh yeah, and if you are an organised person who is good at research (it's not that hard), my advice to you is....DO IT YOURSELF!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Immigration Agents - Beware!

Originally Posted by Vegemite

Make sure you get a written quote for the services provided from the beginning. Our agent (who shall remain un-named) but is based in Brisbane, gave us a quote over the phone, when we were overseas, (ie not in Australia), then claimed that the real fee was a couple of thousand dollars more than quoted, after we had arrived in Oz.
When we stood up to the agent, we found him consistently to be a liar about the original situation, and we had to be very assertive (it's a good thing we could speak english...what about the poor people who are not very confident), and yes, we too found that they got back to us only when they felt like it.

They also wanted to charge ridiculously expensive fees for tasks that took us half an hour to complete ourselves.

We regret that we used an agent at all. We would have saved a lot of time, money and tears if we hadn't of.

All I can say is...make sure you quote the code of conduct to them, don't take any crap, and make sure you complain about them to the body that regulates the industry when you can! Oh yeah, and if you are an organised person who is good at research (it's not that hard), my advice to you is....DO IT YOURSELF!
Is the agent registered? If so, report them to MARA.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vegemite

I hope that ur agent was not a MARA agent, as they are not supposed to act in such a manner
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
I hope that ur agent was not a MARA agent, as they are not supposed to act in such a manner
Which is why people are advised to use MARA agents. If this one was registered then he should be reported to them.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

I'm speaking under correction, but if the agent is based in Australia, (in this case Brisbane), aren't they required by Australian law to be registered with Mara?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

caroline77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, has anyone heard of the immigration agents 'emigrating solutions' who are based in cornwall? We want to start using them, but want as much info as possible before handing money over, which is understandable. My first time on a forum so please bear with me. We desperately need a reputable agent as we trust no one and it is such a large amount of money to have an agent handling your application for a visa. Many thanks in advance.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by caroline77
Hi, has anyone heard of the immigration agents 'emigrating solutions' who are based in cornwall? We want to start using them, but want as much info as possible before handing money over, which is understandable. My first time on a forum so please bear with me. We desperately need a reputable agent as we trust no one and it is such a large amount of money to have an agent handling your application for a visa. Many thanks in advance.
Hi! We live in Cornwall, too!

We use GoMatilda, they are good, and also recommended by a lot of people on expats.

Regards
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

www.gomatilda.com Very professional and highly recommended on this and other forums. Reasonably priced and only depart with your money in stages.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:08 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could do what a lot of people do, and save yourself a lot of money, by doing it all yourself with the help of this forum! We're all here to offer advice as best we can, and if we don't know the answer, we'll know someone who does!!! lol
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

yakka and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Or you could do what a lot of people do, and save yourself a lot of money, by doing it all yourself with the help of this forum! We're all here to offer advice as best we can, and if we don't know the answer, we'll know someone who does!!! lol
I agree DO IT YOURSELF, that way noone can rip you off...!!

Although the wife has recently put the housekeeping up .....
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:55 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yakka and Deb
I agree DO IT YOURSELF, that way noone can rip you off...!!

Although the wife has recently put the housekeeping up .....
lol
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

pokerface is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Visa Bureau. Found them excellent & very professional. We wouldn't have our visa without their help. The only downside was that they used paper based application & we were unable to check progress, although I think they might use the online service now. Fees are payable in 2 stages.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

We used Exclusive migration in Brisbane. The girl who dealt with us, Lisa O'hara was excellent. Everything was done via phone/email. Not too expensive either. To be honest we think off her as a friend now. From application to 176 Grant in 7 months. Vetassess included.
[email protected]
I don't think we'd have our visa's so quickly, what with all the changes if it wasn't for her.

We originally enquired with Global visa's based in London but to be honest the guy tortured me with phone calls after my inital enquiry and just seemed to want payment up front for everything. Then he said once we pay we'll be past onto a consultant. Seemed a bit dodgy in the way he spoke.
PROMISE YOU THE WORLD TO GET YOUR POUND.
In the end I had to tell him to'F*%K OFF and leave me alone' Think he must have worked in double glazing before.

Davy