Some advice for parent

Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:14 am
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some advice for parent

Can anyone help me or de-part some of there wisdom onto me.
We are looking to move to Australia early next year and my mum has expressed an interest in joining us!! While we don't mind her coming with us I'm not sure how she can get over there. Back in the early 70's, when it cost £10 she immigrated to Australia and spent 5 years there hence why I have an Australian passport but she never applied for citizenship herself. Is there any way that she will be able to come with us??

Thanks for reading
Marie
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:33 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Some advice for parent

Originally posted by Marie_m
We are looking to move to Australia early next year and my mum has expressed an interest in joining us!! While we don't mind her coming with us I'm not sure how she can get over there. Back in the early 70's, when it cost £10 she immigrated to Australia and spent 5 years there hence why I have an Australian passport but she never applied for citizenship herself. Is there any way that she will be able to come with us??

Thanks for reading
Marie
There are retirement visa's available which is based mostly on finaces, also a category of 'last remaining relative'. Have a look on migration websites or the DIMIA website for more information. My parents are going us, if our application is accepted.

good luck

Claire
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:40 am
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by claire edwards
There are retirement visa's available which is based mostly on finaces, also a category of 'last remaining relative'. Have a look on migration websites or the DIMIA website for more information. My parents are going us, if our application is accepted.

good luck

Claire
Thanks for that but she's not ready to retire yet!!! Will only have a profit from the sale of the house that would keep her for a couple of years and I'm far from her last remaining relative. I have 5 brothers and a sister!! So I don't think she will get through on that. I was hoping by some fluke that because she had immigrated before she may still have some kind of permanent residency rights.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:41 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for reading
Marie
There are a number of options open to you, try:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...ents/index.htm
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that but she's not ready to retire yet!!! Will only have a profit from the sale of the house that would keep her for a couple of years and I'm far from her last remaining relative. I have 5 brothers and a sister!! So I don't think she will get through on that. I was hoping by some fluke that because she had immigrated before she may still have some kind of permanent residency rights.
Unless she passes the 'balance of family test' she would not qualify for a parent visa.
Sounds like itwill be tricky.

G
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:46 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for reading
Marie
Marie

Could she go for a temporary option, rent out her house and live off the income for a couple of years to see if she likes it. The rules change all the time and you could look at permanent residency later?

Just a thought?

Lucy