Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI selection vs. occupation selected

Try reading THIS sticky thread, especially Post 3
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:32 am
Just Joined

The Pilates Practice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM visa, how long with new SkillSelect?

I've tried searching around for this info but some of it is perhaps out of date so I thought I'd post...

This questions pertains to the GSM category of visa...

My (Dutch) 36 year old partner is a programmer/developer in IT with an Masters in Programming and 12+ years experience and fluent English language skills. I am an native English speaker, aged 37 with fluent other European language skills, and we have 2 young children who are bilingual native English speakers.

Assuming we so well with the health, language and skills checks/evaluations, how long would an independent offshore skilled migration application take to be processed under the current 'rules' and/or skills list.

I have become confused somewhere around the skills select thingy and am no longer sure what is being 'fasttracked' if any or which scenarios take longer. We plan on moving to Sydney so perhaps skill select won't apply anyway.

Thanks so much for taking the time with my question.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:19 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM visa, how long with new SkillSelect?

Originally Posted by The Pilates Practice
I've tried searching around for this info but some of it is perhaps out of date so I thought I'd post...

This questions pertains to the GSM category of visa...

My (Dutch) 36 year old partner is a programmer/developer in IT with an Masters in Programming and 12+ years experience and fluent English language skills. I am an native English speaker, aged 37 with fluent other European language skills, and we have 2 young children who are bilingual native English speakers.

Assuming we so well with the health, language and skills checks/evaluations, how long would an independent offshore skilled migration application take to be processed under the current 'rules' and/or skills list.

I have become confused somewhere around the skills select thingy and am no longer sure what is being 'fasttracked' if any or which scenarios take longer. We plan on moving to Sydney so perhaps skill select won't apply anyway.

Thanks so much for taking the time with my question.
If you are going for skilled independent, you will need to go through Skillselect, for a 189

Its a very new sysetem, only introduced in July, so timelines can't really be predicted.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I can an EOI for a 189?

In red.
Originally Posted by erukus
I have a number of questions if anyone could help me.

If I submit an EOI for a 189 and decide I would like to get employer sponsored instead such as the 187, can I cancel the EOI and make a new application for employer sponsorship? Of course you can cancel the EOI, nobody is going to force you to go through with it. Still I would keep it there until the other option looks to be in the bag

I am currently on a 476 visa and am wondering what will happen if I submit an EOI for a 189 and my 476 visa runs out, while I am waiting? You will need to leave the country unless you get another visa lined up, you cannot stay because you have an EOI lodged.

Also I have 65 points and am waiting for a skills assessment - hoping to be recognised as an Engineering Technologist - what would be my chances of getting an invite based on the current trends? No idea, sorry.

Many thanks for any help!!
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:36 am
Just Joined

angus13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI time assessment

Hello to all and Merry Christmas
I have a very important question
Does anyone knows what is the time period that is needed for the DIAC of Australia to inform someone if he/she is eligible to proceed in the visa after he/she has send the online application for the expression of interest(EOI)? I mean whats the usual time for DIAC to reply either positive or negative(to proceed further with the viza) to someone after he has made this online application of interest?please its very urgent

Thanks
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:38 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: EOI time assessment

Originally Posted by angus13
Hello to all and Merry Christmas
I have a very important question
Does anyone knows what is the time period that is needed for the DIAC of Australia to inform someone if he/she is eligible to proceed in the visa after he/she has send the online application for the expression of interest(EOI)? I mean whats the usual time for DIAC to reply either positive or negative(to proceed further with the viza) to someone after he has made this online application of interest?please its very urgent

Thanks
Why is it urgent?
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:41 am
Just Joined

because i am currently 32 and I want just a few months to jump to 33 and i dont want to lose these extra five points on the point score, please its urgent can you inform me please, i have tried several times to call to DIAC without success,please its urgent thanks
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:46 am
Home and Happy

because i am currently 32 and I want just a few months to jump to 33 and i dont want to lose these extra five points on the point score, please its urgent can you inform me please, i have tried several times to call to DIAC without success,please its urgent thanks
The system was only launched in July so it is far too early to say whether there is going to be a 'normal' time period. You just have to submit the EOI and wait.

If something is that urgent in future you might better paying an agent, people on here are amateur volunteers and aren't around all the time.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:53 am
Just Joined

yes i understand that , just wondering if someone has any recently example to tell me about the time period that he or she was waiting for the EOI application, thats all, i didnt want to be misunderstood, I just wanted an answer if that is possible from someone
Old Dec 24th 2012, 1:02 am
Home and Happy

yes i understand that , just wondering if someone has any recently example to tell me about the time period that he or she was waiting for the EOI application, thats all, i didnt want to be misunderstood, I just wanted an answer if that is possible from someone
If you browse the posts on here you will see some people have posted how long it took for them. You need to remember though that every application is different and what applies to one will not necessarily apply to another.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 24th 2012 at 1:41 am.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 1:26 am
Just Joined

very thanks for the quick replies\Unfortunately I have read some articles but still couldnt find any relevant reply to my answer
if it happnes to cross any kind of reply that matches to the time of assessment please I would be very grateful if you could forward me this link
thanks again
Old Dec 24th 2012, 8:46 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Questions about EOI

hi, i have some questions about EOI. please guide me for this.
1. Is it free to submit an EOI or some fee apply to it.
2. In how much time you get a reply for your EOI.
3. Does it require a descriptive statements?

thank you.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: Questions about EOI

Read http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

very thanks for the quick replies\Unfortunately I have read some articles but still couldnt find any relevant reply to my answer
if it happnes to cross any kind of reply that matches to the time of assessment please I would be very grateful if you could forward me this link
thanks again
Hi Angus - have a look here

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

You can see that invitations are made twice a month, and the reports will tell you the date that the last person invited added / updated their EOI. The more points you have the better the chance of invitation - how many points do you have?
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:32 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about EOI

yes i got it, but i cannot find whether i would have to pay some fee when submitting an EOI or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.