Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Having just had a look at the publicated data on the skillselect site for the 189's:

Invitations
  • 90 in August
  • 900 in September
  • 1800 in October
  • totals 2790

Applications with 60 and above (roughly estimated from the graphs)
  • 1900 in July
  • 350 in August
  • totals 2250

According to these figures, there is an apparent surplus of aprox. 550 invitations. If the number of applications in Septemeber (currently unpublished) is of around that number, it could happen that everyone who hit the 60 points mark would end up invited to apply.

Any comments on this assessment?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

reehan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skillselect 189 analysis

Bizkut,
Your analysis seems correct. It really depends on September report. I think by Nov 1st all 60 points holders should get through.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

opfian is an unknown quantity at this point

If its like this th3n I`m going to change my 190 application to Visa 189.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

jonnyenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

If you submitted an EOI for both a 189 (60 points) and a 489 (70 points) at the same time and subsequently received an invitation for the 489 does that preclude you from receiving an invitation for a 189 later, if you wait for subsequent invitation rounds and do not apply for the 489 immediately ?

Thanks in advance

Jonny
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by opfian
opfian, don't be hasty, think your decisions trough. We're just exchanging ideas here as onlookers, no one here has inside information.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:18 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnyenglish
If you submitted an EOI for both a 189 (60 points) and a 489 (70 points) at the same time and subsequently received an invitation for the 489 does that preclude you from receiving an invitation for a 189 later, if you wait for subsequent invitation rounds and do not apply for the 489 immediately ?

Thanks in advance

Jonny
You would have two months in which to apply for the visa you've been invited to. After the two months, if you have not accepted it, your EoI will be removed from the SkillSelect pool.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:22 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by opfian
OP, I'd listen to Bizkut if I were you. No-one on here has any inside information. We'd be speculating as much as you are on the figures. If you are seriously considering changing your subclass preference, I'd consult a MARA registered agent first. I certainly wouldn't be doing it based on wild speculation about the number of invites.

Originally Posted by Bizkut
opfian, don't be hasty, think your decisions trough. We're just exchanging ideas here as onlookers, no one here has inside information.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

opfian is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks MA`am
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Has any member been invited in October? Invited on the 1st or 15th?
Also curious on the date/time of the inviation e-mails.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:40 am
Just Joined

amic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CO assignment/processing time for 189

Dear all,

Have got some queries.

1. Have filed the application for 189 on Sept 19 ( got invitation on Sept 1st ). As I understood from the immi site, case officer will be assigned within 5 weeks of lodgment. If that’s the case I would be getting the CO by OCT 24. Is this understanding correct ?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm

2. How much time it usually takes to complete the processing , once CO is assigned- heard the process is much faster with skillselect, though not sure. Is there any one already got/nearing to get the visa (189) who have gone through skillselect ? ( i.e. after Aug 1st lodgements ) .

3. And final doubt- as I read from previous post, its advisable to wait till CO is assigned to do Medical and PCC. However somebody suggested once you get the TRN we can go ahead and do. Currently I am waiting for CO to be assigned , but has got TRN when I filed the application. Which is better way to go forward.

Thanks
Mic
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Default Query-CO assignment/processing time for 189 visa

Hi all,

Have got couple of queries.

1. Have filed the application for 189 on Sept 19 ( got invitation on Sept 1st ). As I understood from the immi site, case officer will be assigned within 5 weeks of lodgment. If that’s the case I would be getting the CO by OCT 24. Is this understanding correct ?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm

2. How much time it usually takes to complete the processing , once CO is assigned- heard the process is much faster with skillselect, though not sure this is accurate. Is there any one already got/nearing to get the visa (189) who have gone through skillselect ? ( i.e. after Aug 1st lodgments ) .

Thanks
Mic
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Threads merged
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CO assignment/processing time for 189

If that's what the official site says then I would suggest that they would know best.

2. Faster than what? SkillSelect has been how it works since July, there is no other way of getting a skilled visa since then so nothing to measure it against.

3. I'd say it was up to you. Whether you think it's safe to do so. What does DIAC say? Personally I'd go by their recommendation, not by someone who has even less experience of the new system than DIAC.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

And merged again.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And merged again.
Thanks Pollyana for the quick reply.

I somehow thought the first thread was not posted properly and hence duplicated , thanks for merging both msgs as well .

Now coming back to my qns..

1.As you said the official site should be correct, hence I assume I would be getting CO in another 10 days. Will update my status later... btw please share any one else has such experiences

2. I meant faster than the pre-skillselect period, where many people had to wait for months and even years to get it processed .Any way only skillselect is applicable currently, as you mentioned. Here also, if anyone has personal experience of getting/processing the visa through the new system -skill select, please share .

3. Ya even i will go with the recommendations. Will wait for CO to notify.

Thanks again..

Regards,
Ajay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.