Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:18 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time frame for 489- Family Sponsored

Originally Posted by pratapchava
DIAC website says its 5 weeks...

But no idea about time span..means taking exactly 5 weeks or more or less.

thx
Fifteen weeks, three days, seventeen hours, thirty seven minutes & sixteen and a half seconds.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It will take as long as it takes. Unless you have a better crystal ball than I have there is no way of knowing!
I just had mine tuned.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default How long till an invitation for 189?

Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait is after putting in an expression of interest before getting an invitation to apply? It would be for an accountant with 60-65 points.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long till an invitation for 189?

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait is after putting in an expression of interest before getting an invitation to apply? It would be for an accountant with 60-65 points.
Somewhere between now and never
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Somewhere between now and never
Please don't reply if you have nothing constructive to say. Why bother. You are just wasting my time.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

7. Timelines - No-one can accurately predict a timeline for any visa. Each application is different and will require different amounts of processing, and it is impossible to say at any point in the process how long an applicant will have to wait. Equally, all terms such as "Further Processing" "Further Checks" "Internal/external processing" "Additional processing" mean exactly what they say. DIAC is undertaking more work on that application, and the Region/Team to which your Case Officer belongs has absolutely NO bearing on the speed of processing

From the stickies above.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will have a look.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:37 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't reply if you have nothing constructive to say. Why bother. You are just wasting my time.
There's no need to be rude (and please don't tell people not to post). If you use the search function, this has been asked multiple times & the same thing has been answered again & again. There's only so many times we can say 1) This is not a timeline site & 2) each application is unique, and so it's impossible to accurately predict when someone will be invited or granted a visa (even more so since SkillSelect is so new) without it becoming stale. Since people haven't searched & seen the same answer beforehand, we do (on occasion) get a bit lighthearted with the replies.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't meant to be a rude answer - so sorry if it caused offence. EoI's only started in July this year, and those with the highest points will be invited first. There is a limit to how many applications can be made for each occupation group, and at the lower end of the point scale you may not even get an invite. So its not a question of when, but maybe if, you will get an invite.

To improve your chances - have you considered a 190?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

reehan is an unknown quantity at this point

What's your point mark and when did you submit your EOI? As per skillselect, people having 60 points with date of effect Oct 3rd were invited on 16 Nov. And in recent invitation round held on Dec 3rd, i know a guy who got invitation with 60 points and date of effect Nov 9th.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It was an accurate answer, nobody knows or can predict when individuals would get an invite, if ever.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reehan
What's your point mark and when did you submit your EOI? As per skillselect, people having 60 points with date of effect Oct 3rd were invited on 16 Nov. And in recent invitation round held on Dec 3rd, i know a guy who got invitation with 60 points and date of effect Nov 9th.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. That's useful information. I do realise that no-one can predict a timeline, but I was hoping to get an answer from someone who has already submitted an EOI and has already been invited to apply. This at least gives me a rough idea of what's happening at the moment and I do realise this may change. By the way, could you please explain 'date of effect'. Is this the date of acknowledgement?
Old Dec 8th 2012, 1:30 am

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That's useful information. I do realise that no-one can predict a timeline, but I was hoping to get an answer from someone who has already submitted an EOI and has already been invited to apply. This at least gives me a rough idea of what's happening at the moment and I do realise this may change. By the way, could you please explain 'date of effect'. Is this the date of acknowledgement?
On the SkillSelect page:

Invitation process and cut offs

The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa. For clients who have equal points scores, the time at which they reached their points score for that subclass (referred to as the visa date of effect) determines their order of invitation. EOIs with earlier dates of effect are invited before later dates.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

Look up http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

If you check under "Reports", you will get information on the amount of invitations issued in each round so far, and the points of those invited.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bizkut
Look up http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

If you check under "Reports", you will get information on the amount of invitations issued in each round so far, and the points of those invited.
That's great, thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.