Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Originally Posted by amic
Thanks Pollyana for the quick reply.

I somehow thought the first thread was not posted properly and hence duplicated , thanks for merging both msgs as well .

Now coming back to my qns..

1.As you said the official site should be correct, hence I assume I would be getting CO in another 10 days. Will update my status later... btw please share any one else has such experiences

2. I meant faster than the pre-skillselect period, where many people had to wait for months and even years to get it processed .Any way only skillselect is applicable currently, as you mentioned. Here also, if anyone has personal experience of getting/processing the visa through the new system -skill select, please share .

3. Ya even i will go with the recommendations. Will wait for CO to notify.

Thanks again..

Regards,
Ajay
The point of moving your questions into the thread for unanswerable questions is this - the Skillselect system was only launched in July.
No-one can possibly say whether some applicants will have to wait months or years - the system is too new to tell! However some things haven't changed - DIAC will still carry out character checks and it is those that have delayed many applications, so although its impossibe to say for sure that some applcations will still take months, I would hazard a guess that they will.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:50 am
Just Joined

amic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The point of moving your questions into the thread for unanswerable questions is this - the Skillselect system was only launched in July.
No-one can possibly say whether some applicants will have to wait months or years - the system is too new to tell! However some things haven't changed - DIAC will still carry out character checks and it is those that have delayed many applications, so although its impossibe to say for sure that some applcations will still take months, I would hazard a guess that they will.
Thanks Pollyana.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

johnli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confirmed EOI 189 Processing Time

Hi Everyone,

I have been granted 189 today, it took 26 days since my lodgement. A friend of mine had the same thing a week ago, and took him 24 days. so I am expecting 25 days or so as normal processing time. But since I am the first round invitee, and the applications are not a lot compared to later rounds. I think later rounds might take 1-1.5 times more the time, given the increase in number of invitees.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:58 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmed EOI 189 Processing Time

Originally Posted by johnli
Hi Everyone,

I have been granted 189 today, it took 26 days since my lodgement. A friend of mine had the same thing a week ago, and took him 24 days. so I am expecting 25 days or so as normal processing time. But since I am the first round invitee, and the applications are not a lot compared to later rounds. I think later rounds might take 1-1.5 times more the time, given the increase in number of invitees.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Congratulations on getting your invitation. I've moved your thread to the speculation thread, as there's absolutely no way that anyone will be able to say how long it will take for other EoIs to receive their invitations. It will be pure speculation, and no-one will be able to confirm that it will take twenty five days or not.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Coolson82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know my current experience with the new system. I posted a EOI in July 2012 - I was invited to apply September 15th 2012. I too thought that a case officer was to be assigned within 4-5 weeks. Mine was assigned on October 15th and at this stage they have asked for some extra information as apparently they hadnt received everything. The information I got when a case officer was assigned was that a decision would be made in 28 days.
I undertook my medicals and PCC before the case officer was assgined as I didnt want to be held back (personal choice). Hope this is of some help.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:18 pm
EOI Submitted,Invitation?

wordlywise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skillselect 189 analysis

Originally Posted by Bizkut
Has any member been invited in October? Invited on the 1st or 15th?
Also curious on the date/time of the inviation e-mails.
I have got 189 invitation at 12.10 am 16/10/12
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

reehan is an unknown quantity at this point

what are your points and when did you submit your EOI?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

australia.ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI Processing time

How long it will take to process the EOI?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Merged.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

The skillselect site hasn't been updated for a while now. Still missing the Activity Summary for September and the results of the 2 invitation rounds held in October. Also missing is the date of the next round of inviations (I was expecting one to take place today).

Anyone got information on why these delays are occuring?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

The skillselect site hasn't been updated for a while now. Still missing the Activity Summary for September and the results of the 2 invitation rounds held in October. Also missing is the date of the next round of inviations (I was expecting one to take place today).

People have upto 60 days to apply after being invited. I guess it's possible that no reports have been issued,and no further invitations made, as the 2000 invitations from October are still being waited for / processed

But thats a guess - there's no info on the site, so just wait and see.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I think it would be safe to assume that DIAC has information on why these delays are occurring.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 8:11 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone that is interested, DIAC have updated the Oct/Nov invitation rounds information. I can't see the monthly report though, so that may have been removed.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Nickita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The EOI report for October is on DIACs site! Looks good!

The Oct report is out!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...ort-2012-10-15
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 10:13 am
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Seniors , Got a question , My postal address would be changed in a month but iam in the same city. Should i inform my CO. My details are in my signature .!!.

thank you.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.