skills test

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

andygale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: skills test

Originally Posted by LeeLee
I was always planning on going on my own but my girlfriend is now wanting to come with but only on a working holiday visa for the time being to see if she liked it as much as i did when i did the working holiday a couple of years ago.
I am open to where i want to live but as i kind of fell in love with Brisbane and i'm going to see what the work situation is like their before i stay put.Have you set any date for when you might be looking to go? Obviously depends on the visa.
ideal time would be this time next year cos of sons college and school terms but a lot involved with selling the house , finding sponsors and that so will just go with the flow, otherwise could get real stressful eh!, what have you heard about wages, have read that norm is $25-30, not a lot eh
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:50 am
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andygale
ideal time would be this time next year cos of sons college and school terms but a lot involved with selling the house , finding sponsors and that so will just go with the flow, otherwise could get real stressful eh!, what have you heard about wages, have read that norm is $25-30, not a lot eh
The way i look at it is if the Australians can live their then so can i. I would love nothin more than to go over and the money i earn make me a millionaire but what's money if you havn't got other things such as;weather, better health care, lower crime rate...etc. I would rather be a little poorer and be out doors most days enjoying the sun than have a little more money and be wearing a coat all year round! But obviously that's just my opinion.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

The way i look at it is if the Australians can live their then so can i. I would love nothin more than to go over and the money i earn make me a millionaire but what's money if you havn't got other things such as;weather, better health care, lower crime rate...etc. I would rather be a little poorer and be out doors most days enjoying the sun than have a little more money and be wearing a coat all year round! But obviously that's just my opinion.
yeh all true mate, thinking about our sons futures also, plus have worked through all sorts here for the last 28 years so sure i can make it work there also, hows your work going at the mo, are you busy
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

yeh all true mate, thinking about our sons futures also, plus have worked through all sorts here for the last 28 years so sure i can make it work there also, hows your work going at the mo, are you busy
I've been self-employed for around 4yrs and i can't believe this is the first time that i've been out of work without a choice!:curse:
The construction industry is going down hill fast...I was first thinking on going around june/july next year but as it's like this, if i had my visa tomorrow i would be on the next plane to Aus. I just hope as i'm the only applicant on my visa and i'm only 22 (therfore not too much work history) it will go through fairly quickly.Someone had their visa(the same as our's) back in 4 months apparantly!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

I've been self-employed for around 4yrs and i can't believe this is the first time that i've been out of work without a choice!:curse:
The construction industry is going down hill fast...I was first thinking on going around june/july next year but as it's like this, if i had my visa tomorrow i would be on the next plane to Aus. I just hope as i'm the only applicant on my visa and i'm only 22 (therfore not too much work history) it will go through fairly quickly.Someone had their visa(the same as our's) back in 4 months apparantly!
ive been lucky enough to be in work for the last 19 years through 2 and now into a 3rd recession, this one seems to be worse purley because of the speed it happened and the reaction of the major builders with job cuts and shutting down and stuff. we have contracts to run for a year or so , but somehow think its not going to get better for a couple at least, i think a lot of trades will be moving on this time
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

ive been lucky enough to be in work for the last 19 years through 2 and now into a 3rd recession, this one seems to be worse purley because of the speed it happened and the reaction of the major builders with job cuts and shutting down and stuff. we have contracts to run for a year or so , but somehow think its not going to get better for a couple at least, i think a lot of trades will be moving on this time
I was therfore fortunate not to be old enough
We should rename this thread to the Lee n Andy thread

You are right, My dad says this one has hit everyone very fast. It doesn't help that britain is over crowded as it is let alone there not bein enough jobs to go around.Have you heard anything about the stability of the economy in Aus? Where abouts do you live?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

mitchell johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=LeeLee;6792098]Hello there andy!

do you have any drawings of the test,i have been a carpenter for 20 years
in the conferance and expo and have forgot alot about the building site side
got vetassess test in august thanks alot