Skills Australia - suggested SOL framework

Old May 13th 2010, 1:42 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Skills Australia - suggested SOL framework

Originally Posted by newjersey
It is not yet clear how the specializations of the 2231-79 will map to the new coding system, relative to the priority processing they received in the past. I guess that is the question bothering most would-be applicants at the moment. It may so happen that there will be no priority given on the specialization basis alone, and the priority processing will be available only to those who secured a sponsor - either a state, or an employer, to support the demand-driven nature of the new system.

My 2c
NewJersey,

Almost all states have 2231-79 with specialization on thier SOLs. I find it very hard to believe that IT persons with specialization will NOT be required by them in near future. I think there will be code extensions for specializations added to the base ANZSCO code 2611 in the final issue of the new SOL.

I am still waiting for someone with some knowledge on it to put in thier 2c.

Anyone ? George? Tony ? Susan ? Please ?

Cheers,

TAA
Old May 13th 2010, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

In the table 4 there is a "p" in front of civil engineer professionals 2124 . what does it mean ?
Old May 13th 2010, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foha2012
NewJersey,

Almost all states have 2231-79 with specialization on thier SOLs. I find it very hard to believe that IT persons with specialization will NOT be required by them in near future. I think there will be code extensions for specializations added to the base ANZSCO code 2611 in the final issue of the new SOL.

I am still waiting for someone with some knowledge on it to put in thier 2c.

Anyone ? George? Tony ? Susan ? Please ?

Cheers,

TAA
If you are that desperate for professional advice you might be best advised to contact an agent directly. Any agents posting on here are giving their time for free, at what must be a rather busy time for them. Bear in mind though that if you are asking what is likely to happen in the new SOL, no-one is likely to know until its actually published
Old May 13th 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

For God sake please answer:
In front of civil engineer 2124-11 is mentioned 'P"
what does it mean ?
I am assessed as a professional civil engineer do I need to be reassessed by EA due to new codes ?
Old May 13th 2010, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Alienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant future

If you read the document you see it means "partial match".

You need to relax, being like that won't get you much help.
Old May 13th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alienfeet
If you read the document you see it means "partial match".

You need to relax, being like that won't get you much help.
I ve seen that, what is the meaning of partial match?
Old May 13th 2010, 3:07 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are that desperate for professional advice you might be best advised to contact an agent directly. Any agents posting on here are giving their time for free, at what must be a rather busy time for them. Bear in mind though that if you are asking what is likely to happen in the new SOL, no-one is likely to know until its actually published
Thats why I said "Please"...

Cheers,

TAA
Old May 13th 2010, 3:15 pm
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by r_1159
I ve seen that, what is the meaning of partial match?
@r1159,

Dude, I wish I could help you somehow but I am also just like you in the same position. I am desparate for some answers but guess only time will bring me those. Don't know whats gonna happen.

You know, last night I had a terrible nightmare - I dreamed that DIAC rejected anyone over 40 for immigration!!. There is a lot a stake for everybody, lets hope things end in our favor.

@Pollyana, we are all thankful for migration agents posting here, especially George Lombard. His advices are timely and accurate.

Cheers,

TAA