Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Stevie39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Hi All,

Has any of the people who applied in October last year got a CO yet as they are up to there for electronic lodgements and at September 07 for paper lodgements.

I would like to know of anyone who is being processed for the 887 as I can now apply for mine from today.

All experiences will help those still to go through it.

Please let us know, good or bad.

Thanks.

Steve
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Seachanger is an unknown quantity at this point

As nobody has replied with any positive news, does that mean that those who applied in October have not yet heard anything? If so, that would be disappointing as it would mean that the processing times for the second stage seem to be getting longer (at one point last year I think it was about 4 and a half months).

If anyone has any news on their 887 application, positive or negative, I think it would be helpful for those of us who will be applying soon.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Hi
We are due to apply soon to any info would be great
Thankyou
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

mfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
We are due to apply soon to any info would be great
Thankyou
I have one my of friends who was contacted by a case officer, he was asked to get police clearance for his wife as she was outside Australia for a while.

Never heard that anyone got that visa yet.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Re: Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Originally Posted by Seachanger
As nobody has replied with any positive news, does that mean that those who applied in October have not yet heard anything? If so, that would be disappointing as it would mean that the processing times for the second stage seem to be getting longer (at one point last year I think it was about 4 and a half months).

If anyone has any news on their 887 application, positive or negative, I think it would be helpful for those of us who will be applying soon.

Thanks in advance.
Well the bad news for us is that we are still WAITING!!!
We are a paper based 2nd stage Sir (495)Visa who applied for the 887, lodged on 2/10/07.
We recieved an acknowledgment that the application had been received , and then nothing.....
Anyone else in the same boat?
BB
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

sriram4success is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
Well the bad news for us is that we are still WAITING!!!
We are a paper based 2nd stage Sir (495)Visa who applied for the 887, lodged on 2/10/07.
We recieved an acknowledgment that the application had been received , and then nothing.....
Anyone else in the same boat?
BB

This is definitely not good news. Have you tried to contact them? You must have been assigned a CO atleast. BUG THEM!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:38 am
Just Joined

ashesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi friends,
I had e-lodged my application last week and have been granted bridging visa.. tilll the time my visa is being processed..
well for everybodys information if u send a blank email to this addresss you can know about the delay and processing time of different classes of visa
[email protected]

Cheers!
Ashesh
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Originally Posted by sriram4success
This is definitely not good news. Have you tried to contact them? You must have been assigned a CO atleast. BUG THEM!
We have been told all along that by contacting Dima would just delay the process for ourselves as well as others. Surely it can't be much longer..
What I can't understand is why the elodged applications are being dealt with so much more swiftly than the paper based applications.
I don't see the difference, all of the information is there in their hands!!!
Will come back on whenever I hear anything

BB
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

sriram4success is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I am a 887 applicant waiting to be assigned to a CO. In my online profile, it says that Police clearance is required for last 10 years and Medical forms also required. However, in the 887 check list available from DIAC site says, don't do Medical/Police unless requested. I amon SIR, cleared everything before arriving here and never lived outside Australia after that. Is that something to worry? I have emailed this to DIAC, but no responses from them.

Thanks
Sriram
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:01 pm
Dp.
Just Joined

Dp. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sriram4success
Hi guys

I am a 887 applicant waiting to be assigned to a CO. In my online profile, it says that Police clearance is required for last 10 years and Medical forms also required. However, in the 887 check list available from DIAC site says, don't do Medical/Police unless requested. I amon SIR, cleared everything before arriving here and never lived outside Australia after that. Is that something to worry? I have emailed this to DIAC, but no responses from them.

Thanks
Sriram
...my profile was showing "Further Checking Required"...
I sent them email and in about 4 weeks got an answer:
Thank you for your email. The "Further Checking Required" note is for internal purposes only. If anything further is required from you your case officer will contact you.
Just wait for their reply, it they really need something they send pdf files with all official information, document request and deadline.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:19 pm
Dp.
Just Joined

Dp. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
We have been told all along that by contacting Dima would just delay the process for ourselves as well as others. Surely it can't be much longer..
What I can't understand is why the elodged applications are being dealt with so much more swiftly than the paper based applications.
I don't see the difference, all of the information is there in their hands!!!
Will come back on whenever I hear anything

BB
I have heard that they work only with electronic version of all documentation and the first thing they do with paper based application is scanning...apparently for them it is such a pain...hence the delay with processing.
I have applied online (elodged) on 11/09/2007, got case officer and police clearance request on 8/10/2007, probably in a month after that I got form 80 request, sent it the same day and.....since then no news at all....

If you have applied in October and haven't got anything from them yet I would suggest you to send them an email and ask what's going on.

Last edited by Dp.; Apr 28th 2008 at 10:45 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Sanjaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello friends,

I am currently on SIR visa and planning to apply for 887 permanent residency visa. Can somebody clear my thoughts regarding working requirement.
I have been working by a agency for almost 1.5 years, of that for 1 year full-time. That means i worked for 1 year full-time with interruptions. In some months I worked part-time and in some months full-time.
How is it in that case with working requirement of 1 year full-time work?
Is it possible to add up all the full-time work together and fullfill the requirement? I am very unsure about it and worry about it.

I look forward to hear from you soon guys

Thanks

Sanjaa
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

fred69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just thought I'd update you all with our latest news. We applied (paper based application) in the middle of Dec and have today been given a case officer. No meds requested only federal police checks so far. We have been assured that the 887 has now been given 'active' status which means that they are actually looking at them now. Anyone else got any news?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

sirinya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sanjaa
Hello friends,

I am currently on SIR visa and planning to apply for 887 permanent residency visa. Can somebody clear my thoughts regarding working requirement.
I have been working by a agency for almost 1.5 years, of that for 1 year full-time. That means i worked for 1 year full-time with interruptions. In some months I worked part-time and in some months full-time.
How is it in that case with working requirement of 1 year full-time work?
Is it possible to add up all the full-time work together and fullfill the requirement? I am very unsure about it and worry about it.

I look forward to hear from you soon guys

Thanks

Sanjaa

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ional-area.htm
Work in a Specified Regional Area

To apply for this visa you must have worked for one (1) year in a Specified Regional Area.
See: Specified regional areas

There is no restriction on the type of work that you may undertake. You could work for an employer or yourself. The only restriction is that the employment must be both of the following:

* full time
* undertaken in a Specified Regional Area in Australia.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics defines a 'full time position' as one in which employment is normally for 35 hours a week. You are allowed to work in up to two (2) concurrent part time jobs to meet the one (1) year (35 hours a week) full time work requirement.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

sirinya is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question

Guys,

I m confuse for the term full time work experience. I m on contract full time position for one year. But in early of Jan 08, I was sick and take a sick leave for 10 days.(paid sick leave). So does this sick leave include on full time employment duration ?

My question is "Full time employment" for 12 months include paid sick leave/paid annual leave ? Do I have to work more time to catch up the time that I m sick ?

Any one can shed the light on my concern ?

Many thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.