Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice
Default Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Anyone completed their Skilled Regional application (887) after being on the Skilled Independent Regional for the required 2 years? I've just submitted mine online and have a couple of questions.

1) Police check - Do you have to get an Aussie police check? And do you have to resubmit the UK one we had to get before leaving? Surely we don't have to get a new UK police check as we haven't been living there for 2 years?

2) Passport photos - We just attached digital jpeg photos...is that ok or do they make you scan a passport photo which will be poorer quality?

3) I attached all the docs I had apart from the police checks (which by the way in the document checklist I had before starting the online process there was no mention of!). Now there doesn't seem to be an option of attaching more docs after you've exited the application. How do I send the additional docs?

Cheers
Judy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

bump

Anyone?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judes2308
bump

Anyone?
Hi Judes,

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of much help, having dealt primarily with offshore applications.

I imagine, however, that you should be able to post your AFP checks to the office designated to process your application, as long as your name, DOB, and online reference number is stated clearly on the envelope.

Or, you could ask until the case officer requests them.

Best,
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

sriram4success is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone completed their Skilled Regional application (887) after being on the Skilled Independent Regional for the required 2 years? I've just submitted mine online and have a couple of questions.

1) Police check - Do you have to get an Aussie police check? And do you have to resubmit the UK one we had to get before leaving? Surely we don't have to get a new UK police check as we haven't been living there for 2 years?

2) Passport photos - We just attached digital jpeg photos...is that ok or do they make you scan a passport photo which will be poorer quality?

3) I attached all the docs I had apart from the police checks (which by the way in the document checklist I had before starting the online process there was no mention of!). Now there doesn't seem to be an option of attaching more docs after you've exited the application. How do I send the additional docs?

Cheers
Judy
Hi Judes

You can send your paper documents to ASPC by post with your online reference no. How long it generally takes to get PR under 887. I am on SIR, and 3 months away to complete 2 years residence and apply PR

Regards
Sriram
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Hi
Anyone know about the police checks - surely we dont have to do uk ones again too??
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
Anyone know about the police checks - surely we dont have to do uk ones again too??

UK ones can be requested at Case officer's discretion. Guidelines are not very clear - some request if you spend 3 month or more back in the UK after you first arrive on your SIR visa. Some will request if you spent more than 3 months in UK since SIR visa was granted - this will catch many. Some request if you have spent more than 3 months in UK since the issue of the PCC - this is a bit of a harsh interpretation and would mean just about everybody needing to renew the UK PCC.

Best advice, for the sake of 10 quid per person, is re-apply for them.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sriram4success
Hi Judes

You can send your paper documents to ASPC by post with your online reference no. How long it generally takes to get PR under 887. I am on SIR, and 3 months away to complete 2 years residence and apply PR

Regards
Sriram
Anyone had PR granted recently from Sir to 887? We applied for 887 at beginning Oct'07 and still waiting to be alloated a case officer.

BB
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
Anyone had PR granted recently from Sir to 887? We applied for 887 at beginning Oct'07 and still waiting to be alloated a case officer.

BB
Hi BB

Same here. We're on SIR and applied for 887 at beginning of Oct aswell and are also still waiting for case officer. I'm thinking of contacting them as we've decided to return to UK to have our baby and intend doing this at end Feb or beginning of March, but obviously want our PR visa first !

Judy
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BB

Same here. We're on SIR and applied for 887 at beginning of Oct aswell and are also still waiting for case officer. I'm thinking of contacting them as we've decided to return to UK to have our baby and intend doing this at end Feb or beginning of March, but obviously want our PR visa first !

Judy
Are you aware of the complications that having the baby in the U.K. could have for your baby's status in Australia?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Are you aware of the complications that having the baby in the U.K. could have for your baby's status in Australia?
I'm aware that if we stayed here and we had PR status when the baby was born, then it would automatically receive Australian citizenship. I'm assuming that if we have PR status and want to return to Oz with baby we would have to go through some application process to have baby added to our PR visa...is this correct?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm aware that if we stayed here and we had PR status when the baby was born, then it would automatically receive Australian citizenship. I'm assuming that if we have PR status and want to return to Oz with baby we would have to go through some application process to have baby added to our PR visa...is this correct?
That is correct. If you have PR status you will need to sponsor for a Child Migration visa.

If you don't have your PR by that point things get more complex.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
That is correct. If you have PR status you will need to sponsor for a Child Migration visa.

If you don't have your PR by that point things get more complex.
Thanks for confirming that. We ain't leaving til we've got our PR !
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:41 am
JAJ
Retired

Thanks for confirming that. We ain't leaving til we've got our PR !
Why wouldn't you want your child born in Australia so that child is an Australian citizen by birth? Are you intending a longer term return to the U.K. once PR is granted?

You likely won't be able to fly in the last 3 months of pregnancy anyway.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why wouldn't you want your child born in Australia so that child is an Australian citizen by birth? Are you intending a longer term return to the U.K. once PR is granted?

You likely won't be able to fly in the last 3 months of pregnancy anyway.
Lots of reasons which we've thought hard about, main one being a terminal illness in the family back in UK. We only intend returning for 2 years max then coming back to Australia.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 4:47 am
Just Joined

ashesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Friends,
I am new to the forum..... I am on a SIR visa and am close to completing the 2 years stay requirement as well as 1 year of perm work... Can anybody who has already applied for the sub class 887 advise me of the visa charges.. i have heard that it has been raised to 2860 AUD ...I dont know if it is true or not.....
Also do i have to go through the Medical and Police checks again...

an answere will be highly appreciated

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.