Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Regional 887 (for SIR 2nd stagers)

Originally Posted by ashesh
Hello Friends,
I am new to the forum..... I am on a SIR visa and am close to completing the 2 years stay requirement as well as 1 year of perm work... Can anybody who has already applied for the sub class 887 advise me of the visa charges.. i have heard that it has been raised to 2860 AUD ...I dont know if it is true or not.....
Also do i have to go through the Medical and Police checks again...

an answere will be highly appreciated

Thanks!
Application fee for SIR holders (old and new) is A$190 not the usual A$2,060. you should not need new medicals unless you have spent 3 months in high-risk TB Country, you will need Australian police clearance - they may request new police check from previous Country of residence, again depending on how long you lived in that Country after obtaining the previous one.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:06 am
Just Joined

ashesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judes2308
Hi BB

Same here. We're on SIR and applied for 887 at beginning of Oct aswell and are also still waiting for case officer. I'm thinking of contacting them as we've decided to return to UK to have our baby and intend doing this at end Feb or beginning of March, but obviously want our PR visa first !

Judy
Hello Friends,
I am new to the forum..... I am on a SIR visa and am close to completing the 2 years stay requirement as well as 1 year of perm work... Can anybody who has already applied for the sub class 887 advise me of the visa charges.. i have heard that it has been raised to 2860 AUD ...I dont know if it is true or not.....

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshtony
Application fee for SIR holders (old and new) is A$190 not the usual A$2,060. you should not need new medicals unless you have spent 3 months in high-risk TB Country, you will need Australian police clearance - they may request new police check from previous Country of residence, again depending on how long you lived in that Country after obtaining the previous one.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks a lot Tony...I was advised by an agent here in Australia that the fees for the second stage is 2860 AUD...and that have to go through the process of medical and Police check again...because not many people have applied for the second stage and still it is not clear what docs. needs to be submitted.....
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Did I just answer a question before it was asked ?

Call me for horrorscopes, next week lotto numbers etc etc

Tony
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

sriram4success is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Friends,

Thanks!
$190-if you have already paid 2nd installment at provisional stage
$190+$2860-if you have not already paid 2nd installment at provisional stage

Medical/PC may be required again
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Hey Sriram,
thanks for the reply.. When I had applied the application fees was 1795 AUD..I dont know what they mean by the first and second instalment.. and about the medical and P.C... do we have to go through the whole process again...or just a police clearnce is required...did u have to go through the whole process again?
thanks
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Hey Sriram,
thanks for the reply.. When I had applied the application fees was 1795 AUD..I dont know what they mean by the first and second instalment.. and about the medical and P.C... do we have to go through the whole process again...or just a police clearnce is required...did u have to go through the whole process again?
thanks
Hi

2nd instalment is normally paid when you have dependent migrated with you (for their English classes). If you didn't had dependent earlier, then you would have unnoticed about this instalments.
I heard that Medicals and PC are requested again, but not sure. Pretty much you follow the whole process, though it is silly. I am days away from my 887 visa application.

Sriram
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

geelonger is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys

im new to this forum my name is arif i have a sir visa from Victoria and im about to apply for stni after two long years of waiting period

i would like to ask couple of questions. my nominated occupation is IT but unfortunately i could not find any work in IT sector so to pay the bills i started workin for a warehouse as a dispatch officer. would that be a problem for the second stage ? i was told that as long as it is a full time work (35 hrs a week) it is ok.. but i still have doubts about this.

i also read in 887 checklist that im not suppose to supply police check and health check unless it is asked to do so

and finaly is there any chance u could tell me what u actualy provided to prove ur 1 year working period?

thanks for the answers
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had a CO assigned recently? We submitted a paper application (didn't know about the differences in processing times doing it this way - doh!) at the beginning of December so know we have a long wait but hoping it won't be too long.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoBoznOllie
Has anyone had a CO assigned recently? We submitted a paper application (didn't know about the differences in processing times doing it this way - doh!) at the beginning of December so know we have a long wait but hoping it won't be too long.
Hi JoBoznOllie

Have you done Medicals and Police clearance again for 887 visa? I have just applied online hoping to sending supporting documents by post. Online systems directed me to download Health and Police forms and direct me to undertake them. But in 887 paper check list, it is mentioned "don't do Medical/PC unless requested to do so". I find this is bit contradictory. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sriram
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about

We submitted ours on 2/10/07 and have not been asigned a CO as yet.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:36 am
Just Joined

widad is an unknown quantity at this point

I was SIR and now granted PR, I pay only $190, No medical been asked
I think that helps
Saif

Originally Posted by geelonger
hi guys

im new to this forum my name is arif i have a sir visa from Victoria and im about to apply for stni after two long years of waiting period

i would like to ask couple of questions. my nominated occupation is IT but unfortunately i could not find any work in IT sector so to pay the bills i started workin for a warehouse as a dispatch officer. would that be a problem for the second stage ? i was told that as long as it is a full time work (35 hrs a week) it is ok.. but i still have doubts about this.

i also read in 887 checklist that im not suppose to supply police check and health check unless it is asked to do so

and finaly is there any chance u could tell me what u actualy provided to prove ur 1 year working period?

thanks for the answers
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sriram4success
Hi JoBoznOllie

Have you done Medicals and Police clearance again for 887 visa? I have just applied online hoping to sending supporting documents by post. Online systems directed me to download Health and Police forms and direct me to undertake them. But in 887 paper check list, it is mentioned "don't do Medical/PC unless requested to do so". I find this is bit contradictory. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sriram
We're waiting for medicals request before we do anything but are going ahead with the police checks as they are relatively cheap. We're also getting a Uk police check done again just in case as I spent 10 weeks there earlier this year with the kids so want to be on the safe side. Not good news BettyBoop - keep us posted.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

We're waiting for medicals request before we do anything but are going ahead with the police checks as they are relatively cheap. We're also getting a Uk police check done again just in case as I spent 10 weeks there earlier this year with the kids so want to be on the safe side. Not good news BettyBoop - keep us posted.
thanks guys for the updates. I have just applied my 887 visa
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Seachanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone who has applied for their 887 visa heard anything yet?

From reading this thread it seems some of you applied about 5 months ago. It would be good to know if anyone has got a case officer yet or, better still, a PR visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.