Skilled Migration

Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Susibabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Skilled Migration

Hi to everyone. My husband and I have decided to try and get a skilled migration visa to Oz. We have contacted our agent who is going to get things moving for us. But not really sure as to what happens next. I know we have o do a TRA assessment which inludes references. What other info do we need to provide with this. And I know there's a few of you out there who have offered sample refences. Would it be possible for one of you to let me have copy? Thanks for any help you can offer. Sue
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:22 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Skilled Migration

Originally Posted by Susibabe
Hi to everyone. My husband and I have decided to try and get a skilled migration visa to Oz. We have contacted our agent who is going to get things moving for us. But not really sure as to what happens next. I know we have o do a TRA assessment which inludes references. What other info do we need to provide with this. And I know there's a few of you out there who have offered sample refences. Would it be possible for one of you to let me have copy? Thanks for any help you can offer. Sue
I not sure which trade your in but i'd say get certifed copies of everything that realates to your trade/skill,go back as far as poss ie yts,city and guilds,apprentaship papers everything you have and include the lot.references from current and previous employers,I suggest you do a search on here or the lifestyle forum as there are lots of threads about tra.There are also loads of us that have gone thro the process recently and i'm sure you'll get the help you need.If yours is a straight forward tra app,have you considered doing it yourselfs??? if you have the paperwork and the time it really is not that bad and I can vouch for the help thats available on here,i'm sure if I can do it solo anybody can.Whatever way you decide,good luck,you'll be fine!!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I not sure which trade your in but i'd say get certifed copies of everything that realates to your trade/skill,go back as far as poss ie yts,city and guilds,apprentaship papers everything you have and include the lot.references from current and previous employers,I suggest you do a search on here or the lifestyle forum as there are lots of threads about tra.There are also loads of us that have gone thro the process recently and i'm sure you'll get the help you need.If yours is a straight forward tra app,have you considered doing it yourselfs??? if you have the paperwork and the time it really is not that bad and I can vouch for the help thats available on here,i'm sure if I can do it solo anybody can.Whatever way you decide,good luck,you'll be fine!!
Thanks for that. A lot of my husbands work is private do you no what financial paperwork you have to supply with that? and he hasn't got payslips etc for more than possibly a year ago, maybe less.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:00 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that. A lot of my husbands work is private do you no what financial paperwork you have to supply with that? and he hasn't got payslips etc for more than possibly a year ago, maybe less.
is He self employed???
If so from what i've read on the lifestyle forum things can be a little harder than someone who has a job in a factory say.I have no idea about financial stuff,I'm sure I never supplied any payslips with the tra,but I did on the 47sk app.Can I ask what trade He is?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

is He self employed???
If so from what i've read on the lifestyle forum things can be a little harder than someone who has a job in a factory say.I have no idea about financial stuff,I'm sure I never supplied any payslips with the tra,but I did on the 47sk app.Can I ask what trade He is?
He's a gardener/green keeper.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:10 pm
Running on the spot.

He's a gardener/green keeper.
Time served??? or lots of qualifications etc??
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Time served??? or lots of qualifications etc??
Both. City & Guilds and work expeience. But not his main job approx 24 hrs a week sometimes more.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:17 pm
Running on the spot.

Both. City & Guilds and work expeience. But not his main job approx 24 hrs a week sometimes more.
I really am not an expert but i'd say to you if you have papers and experience i'd go it alone with the tra.seek out all the advise via the lifestyle foeum,i'm sure there are people on there that have applied with the same qualifications,i'm an engineer so can't really help but there will be people who can.Save the money and ask away!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Skilled Migration

I really am not an expert but i'd say to you if you have papers and experience i'd go it alone with the tra.seek out all the advise via the lifestyle foeum,i'm sure there are people on there that have applied with the same qualifications,i'm an engineer so can't really help but there will be people who can.Save the money and ask away!
Thanks. There's so many questions to ask an we want to make sure we get it right. Good luck with your apllication.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:24 pm
Running on the spot.

Thanks. There's so many questions to ask an we want to make sure we get it right. Good luck with your apllication.

Just had a quick look on seek..
http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...ccupation=1406
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again. Everyone on this website is so helpful!!. Do you know the best way to apply for one of these jobs? Do you have to have a visa granted first?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:33 pm
Running on the spot.

Thanks again. Everyone on this website is so helpful!!. Do you know the best way to apply for one of these jobs? Do you have to have a visa granted first?
Yes, you need the visa first.Whereabouts in the country are you and where you heading?
the thing about this site is everyone is heading in the same direction and the vast majority are only to willing to help,it can be daunting with all the form filling but believe me,you ask onhere and you'll get an answer in minutes usually!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:53 am
Migration Consultant

Patrick Quan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sue

I should first point out that your Australian migration agent or lawyer should have given you this information, nevertheless, you will need to provide a list of your qualifications and a list of all previous employment. You will need a job reference letter from as many previous employers as possible. You will need to take this letter to the employers to complete and sign.

Your job reference will need to outline, and detail your job specification and skills, work performed, tools, equipment used to perform duties and the like. Be specific and list as much as you can. Provide evidence of any licensing you needed to perform your duties.

Although this is not exhaustive list of the requirements, I hope you now have a fair idea.

If you have further queries or you would like a free assessment please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Susibabe]

Check with your agent first - but my oh is carpenter/joiner and he had to prove that He was working full time in the MODL profession for 12 out of 18 months prior to the application going to be lodged.
angela