Skilled Assessment VISA

Old May 7th 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Kakadu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Assessment VISA

I recently spoke to a migration agent about whether i was eligible for a skilled independent visa. I had recently applied to the ICAA myself and had my accounting degree assessed. They came back and said that my degree was assessed as being suitable for migration as an accountant.

The agent said that my experience after my degree would be enough to qualify for the VISA, even though i am not ACCA fully qualified until September.

Is this right? I am concerned as i thought you needed to be ACCA or CIMA qualified and then have 12 months post experience.

any help would be great

cheers
Old May 7th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Assessment VISA

Originally Posted by Kakadu
I recently spoke to a migration agent about whether i was eligible for a skilled independent visa. I had recently applied to the ICAA myself and had my accounting degree assessed. They came back and said that my degree was assessed as being suitable for migration as an accountant.

The agent said that my experience after my degree would be enough to qualify for the VISA, even though i am not ACCA fully qualified until September.

Is this right? I am concerned as i thought you needed to be ACCA or CIMA qualified and then have 12 months post experience.

any help would be great

cheers

I'd strongly suggest speaking to Alan Collett at Go Matilda - he has been working on quite a few of these from what I can gather (there seems to be the potential for someone with an accounting degree to have pre qualification experience assessed as skilled). From what I can gather it is definitely an area you need an agent on, and Alan knows his beancounting.
Old May 8th 2008, 12:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Assessment VISA

In brief, the tasks you perform at work will have to be "skilled" - which means documentation supporting your visa application will need to confirm you are performing tasks as per the ASCO Code descriptor for the occupation Accountant.

Best regards.