skill matching database

Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough
Default skill matching database

hope someone can help
we didn't fill in the skills matching database section on the applicaton form because we didn't want to, we want to find our own jobs when we get there and we don't want to start work straight away. when we received our acknowledgement letter, attached was the form for joining the database, so again i didn't fill it in. now we've got our request for meds and police checks and again attached is the database form. what i want to know as i can't find out from searching this site, is is it compulsary to fill in this form, it is included on the checklist along with police checks and meds. i am a nurse and my partner is a mechanic so is this really necessary since they are both on the MODL list?
if it turns out that i have to fill it in, will i have to pay extra?

any info would be appreciated
shellxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 28th 2005, 3:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skill matching database

Originally Posted by ShellnTez
what i want to know as i can't find out from searching this site, is is it compulsary to fill in this form,

No.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

Sorry for sounding thick, but does that mean no i don't have to fill it in or no i don't have to pay?????
shell
Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShellnTez
Sorry for sounding thick, but does that mean no i don't have to fill it in or no i don't have to pay?????
shell

Both.

In other words, you don't have to fill it in, and if you do fill it in, you don't have to pay.

Jeremy
Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:55 am
Jam

> > No.
    > Sorry for sounding thick, but does that mean no i don't have to fill
    > it
    > in or no i don't have to pay?????
    > shell
    > --

Hi
You are not thick, we went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago,
husband is an accountant and I am a podiatrist both on MODL and both
want to travel around when we get to Oz and find our own jobs.
We e'mailed our CO and asked if we HAD to fill in the skill matching and
she said NO. DIMIA are just trying to give you every available
opportunity to find a job prior to arriving in Oz. This put our mind at
rest, I hope it has yours.
    :) Good luck with everything.

Mandy

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

thanks very much for that JAJ
shellxxxxxxxx