Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Should I write to my CO or send a PLE to regarding my case status.

Should I write to my CO or send a PLE to regarding my case status.

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

milon_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I write to my CO or send a PLE to regarding my case status.

Hi All,

I am January 2010 SS applicant. Now should I write to my CO or send a PLE regarding my case status.

Reg
MILON
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I write to my CO or send a PLE to regarding my case status.

You may send PLE asking your case status. But it would'nt make any difference.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When there are shedloads of people who applied in 2008 and 9 still waiting, I'm not sure why you want or need to know your status. However even if you ask you will simply get a standardised reply which will tell you nothing.

In all honesty, you need to forget the application and get on with your life as much as you can because you will only stress about it and it's out of your hands so you can do nothing worthwhile. When further information is required then you will be asked to supply it. In the meantime make it a case of 'Australia? What's that then?'.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
You may send PLE asking your case status. But it would'nt make any difference.
Did you made any PLE recently? I think wrting to CO directly is betther than PLE ..what you think?
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
When there are shedloads of people who applied in 2008 and 9 still waiting, I'm not sure why you want or need to know your status. However even if you ask you will simply get a standardised reply which will tell you nothing.

In all honesty, you need to forget the application and get on with your life as much as you can because you will only stress about it and it's out of your hands so you can do nothing worthwhile. When further information is required then you will be asked to supply it. In the meantime make it a case of 'Australia? What's that then?'.
Thanks, I think your are right. However this is my business now where I have invested money and time. I have to plan accordingly. I know there are applicant of 2008 and 2009 waiting , but it also true that many applicant of 2010 are getting their VISA.

I need your opinion that -last time when i was requested to provide Form80 then CO wrote me if I failed to fill this form correctly it will make delay of processing or further request of info. How do I know i fill it correctly? So a enquery regarding status may make it clear.

Reg
Milon
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milon_h
Did you made any PLE recently? I think wrting to CO directly is betther than PLE ..what you think?
I think you should understand that you need to wait for your application to be processed. Your case officer will contact you if he or she needs anything or if there are errors on the information you provided.

So, if you contact your CO today and he grants your visa tomorrow are you going to move to Australia on Thursday? No? Then there is no need for you to worry about how long it will take.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think you should understand that you need to wait for your application to be processed. Your case officer will contact you if he or she needs anything or if there are errors on the information you provided.

So, if you contact your CO today and he grants your visa tomorrow are you going to move to Australia on Thursday? No? Then there is no need for you to worry about how long it will take.

THANKS
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I think your are right. However this is my business now where I have invested money and time. I have to plan accordingly. I know there are applicant of 2008 and 2009 waiting , but it also true that many applicant of 2010 are getting their VISA.

I need your opinion that -last time when i was requested to provide Form80 then CO wrote me if I failed to fill this form correctly it will make delay of processing or further request of info. How do I know i fill it correctly? So a enquery regarding status may make it clear.

Reg
Milon
You simply fill the form in correctly by telling the truth and answering every question with the right answer. No one else can tell you what to put, only you can do that.

Everyone has put time and money into their application, you're no different but making plans is pointless because the visa hasn't been granted and you have no idea if it will be granted. However I stand by my comments that regardless of how important the visa is to you, the application is now out of your control so you have to try to forget about it.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes sending a PLE may wakeup the CO.
Sending a PLE may result in standard reply.
If you have been assigned a CO. Directly send him email and ask about your visa status.