Should i go to an agent?

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:32 am
Just Joined

CultureLover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should i go to an agent?

Originally Posted by mi5agent
I would suggest if you do decide to use an agent, give thought to using one in your nearest town or city...its easier visit with documents or problems.
Thanks mi5agent, i'll take note of that, def more convenient
Old Aug 9th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is better 2 go on ur own rather than hiring an agent. Actually, hiring an agent may delay ur case altogether because at one time he/she may be handling many cases and may not promptly advise u. This may also happen that any communication between DIAC and ur agent may not reach you immediately as the agent may be 2 busy with his other clients.

So think and decide. Do u really need an agent?
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:19 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

So think and decide. Do u really need an agent?
Some people do and some people don't.

For a prime example that stays in my memory because of the seriousness of the repercusssions of thinking that all you have to do is fill out a couple of forms and not really knowing what you should be doing please take a look at this earlier thread from a couple of months ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603187

The problem lies in not knowing what you don't know.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
Some people do and some people don't.

For a prime example that stays in my memory because of the seriousness of the repercusssions of thinking that all you have to do is fill out a couple of forms and not really knowing what you should be doing please take a look at this earlier thread from a couple of months ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603187

The problem lies in not knowing what you don't know.
you are speaking the truth there Les Mighalls, its not just a fill in the form job, some areas may need some workaround or attention, i'm completely new to this so i think its best to have an agent to take care of it. filling in forms without knowing is too risky :|
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:01 pm
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CultureLover
you are speaking the truth there Les Mighalls, its not just a fill in the form job, some areas may need some workaround or attention, i'm completely new to this so i think its best to have an agent to take care of it. filling in forms without knowing is too risky :|

I strongly suggest u DONT need an agent if your case is stright forward( It looks like one!!)..
If you happen to look in to the BE, you see lot many cheating cases posted...(happened with applicants from the agents...)

So think twice...There are lot of help available online ( BE and other sites, also Diac links) .. so you can spend some time online to get info and do your application on your own...

We did our application with out an agent... It was absolutely fine journey till we got our visa..
Also, It was Fun doing our application.. we interacted with BE as well as DIAC sits to lot many get info.. Be helped us a lot...

End of the day , when you get your visa reflecting your hardwork.. Wow.. its amazing feeling...

Last edited by divsman; Aug 9th 2009 at 3:31 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by divsman
I strongly suggest u DONT need an agent if your case is stright forward( It looks like one!!)..
If you happen to look in to the BE, you see lot many cheating cases posted...(happened with applicants from the agents...)

So think twice...There are lot of help available online ( BE and other sites, also Diac links) .. so you can spend some time online to get info and do your application on your own...

We did our application with out an agent... It was absolutely fine journey till we got our visa..
Also, It was Fun doing our application.. we interacted with BE as well as DIAC sits to lot many get info.. Be helped us a lot...

End of the day , when you get your visa reflecting our hardwork.. Wow.. its amazing feeling...
Thanks and glad you got your visa this sounds indeed fun, now i'm confused since we got so many different opinions, i gotta rethink again i'll gather the documents first and if i dont feel confident to submit it, i'll go with an agent then
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:30 pm
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Should i go to an agent?

Thanks and glad you got your visa this sounds indeed fun, now i'm confused since we got so many different opinions, i gotta rethink again i'll gather the documents first and if i dont feel confident to submit it, i'll go with an agent then
God luck for your docs...
Once you gather all your docs, u don need an agent at all... u feel aboslutely excited to apply your self...all is in your platter...
Take care...N Goodluck...
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

If you completed your degree in Australia and it is recognised by CA/CPA - then that would give you an automatic skills assessment.

If you could pass the IELTS test and score a minimum of 7, that would place you in the CSL, and you may not need your sisters sponsorship - unless you are not in a hurry to get PR.

Granted you are the only applicant, for such a simple application you do not need to use any agent. It has more to do with getting your paperwork ready, which you still do even with the agent. If you have any questions you can post here and you will be helped.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:40 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should look at what your application entails and decide if you feel confident enough to present and provide everything that is required.

I decided to do mine on my own which was straight forward, although I could not have done it without the help and guidance of people on this forum who had done the same application.
TBH, when i was organising all the paperwork i was nearly crying, wishing i had used an agent to support me with it. We were granted the visa in March.
My point is only attempt it alone if you feel confident in everything you are being asked to provide and complete.
J x
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JOE2010
If you completed your degree in Australia and it is recognised by CA/CPA - then that would give you an automatic skills assessment.

If you could pass the IELTS test and score a minimum of 7, that would place you in the CSL, and you may not need your sisters sponsorship - unless you are not in a hurry to get PR.

Granted you are the only applicant, for such a simple application you do not need to use any agent. It has more to do with getting your paperwork ready, which you still do even with the agent. If you have any questions you can post here and you will be helped.
you've stated correctly my situation
yes, i graduated in Australia and my degree is qualified by CPA
the thing is i can't guarantee i can get 7 since most of my friends did not so, i need my sister to sponsor me (even i got 7). Now since i got this sponsorship, things got abit complicated and more paperwork is required, thats why i can't be 100% sure i'll be successful to apply on my own :

Btw, how many test points do i need to get? i heard pp said i only need 100 points (normally its 120 points). Is it true?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

you've stated correctly my situation
yes, i graduated in Australia and my degree is qualified by CPA
the thing is i can't guarantee i can get 7 since most of my friends did not so, i need my sister to sponsor me (even i got 7). Now since i got this sponsorship, things got abit complicated and more paperwork is required, thats why i can't be 100% sure i'll be successful to apply on my own :

Btw, how many test points do i need to get? i heard pp said i only need 100 points (normally its 120 points). Is it true?
For GSM 175-120 Points and GSM 176: 100 Points