British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Should i go to an agent? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/should-i-go-agent-624458/)

CultureLover Aug 8th 2009 4:21 am

Should i go to an agent?

Hi guys, i've graduated Bach of Commerce(accounting) in Australia (Adelaide) and got my sister(she got PR) to sponsor me. So, i'm not 100% sure but i think my subclass would be 886. My case is abit different from my friends (since they dont have this sponsorship) and they said i got a better chance of getting PR than them. So, do you think i should go through an immi agent or do it on my own? How do you guys do?

Thanks in advance guys :p

cash money Aug 8th 2009 6:29 am

Re: Should i go to an agent?

Originally Posted by CultureLover (Post 7823806)
Hi guys, i've graduated Bach of Commerce(accounting) in Australia (Adelaide) and got my sister(she got PR) to sponsor me. So, i'm not 100% sure but i think my subclass would be 886. My case is abit different from my friends (since they dont have this sponsorship) and they said i got a better chance of getting PR than them. So, do you think i should go through an immi agent or do it on my own? How do you guys do?

Would advise you to use an Agent to get your application professionally prepared and advice is always available for the best chances you have,think about it.Good Luck:thumbsup::thumbup::wub::rolleyes:

helloshivahere Aug 8th 2009 6:45 am

Originally Posted by CultureLover (Post 7823806)

go through www.immi.gov.au and BE forum about your visa class. Still you are not comfortable then get to an MARA registered agent

wingsurfer Aug 8th 2009 7:29 am

I printed out a "Dummy" copy of the forms.

Then when I was happy with my "rehersal". I made final neat completed copies and handed them in. I think it depends on how complicated you situation is. For my Partner migration class 100 I certainly didn't need an agent. Spent the saved money celebrating when I got the stamp in my passport.

Good luck

Les Mighalls Aug 8th 2009 8:26 am

do you think i should go through an immi agent or do it on my own?
It depends on your own inclinations. Some people do, some people don't. Some people who could, couldn't be bothered and some who should have used an agent didn't and screwed up.

It also depends on how confident you feel, whether or not there are any complicating factors and on whether your are prepared to spend your time researching before and during the process.

In a lot of cases it all boils down to whether you are prepared to pay for an agent to save you time and any possiblity of making mistakes.

Pollyana Aug 8th 2009 9:27 am

Originally Posted by wingsurfer (Post 7823945)
I printed out a "Dummy" copy of the forms.

Then when I was happy with my "rehersal". I made final neat completed copies and handed them in. I think it depends on how complicated you situation is. For my Partner migration class 100 I certainly didn't need an agent. Spent the saved money celebrating when I got the stamp in my passport.

Good luck

Spouse visas are much simpler then Skills visas as you don't need to do skills assessments etc. Far fewer people use agents for spouse visas than for skills. :)

CultureLover Aug 8th 2009 11:33 am

Thank you every one for the great support:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, i'll go with an agent then:lol:. i've just heard a friend's friend has been waiting for PR more than 8 months since she did it on her own :unsure:

but now my concern is how much does it normally cost for an agent? i looked at on the immi website and it says around 1500-3000. If anyone has been through this, plez let me know a reasonable price as i dont wanna be overcharged :rofl:
Thanks again for the great support guys, i'm thankful :D

moneypenny20 Aug 8th 2009 11:50 am

Originally Posted by CultureLover (Post 7824462)
Thank you every one for the great support:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, i'll go with an agent then:lol:. i've just heard a friend's friend has been waiting for PR more than 8 months since she did it on her own :unsure:

but now my concern is how much does it normally cost for an agent? i looked at on the immi website and it says around 1500-3000. If anyone has been through this, plez let me know a reasonable price as i dont wanna be overcharged :rofl:

It's unlikely to be any faster with an agent. They don't do the work for you, simply advise you what you need to provide and when. You still have to fill the paperwork and get all the information together.

CultureLover Aug 8th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7824509)
It's unlikely to be any faster with an agent. They don't do the work for you, simply advise you what you need to provide and when. You still have to fill the paperwork and get all the information together.

oh my, doesn't seem too good lol, now i remember someone also told me about this too :unsure: so do we have sort of agents that review the work after i gathered all the documents required? I want to do it on my own first and then have a final check with an agent. Is it possible? and maybe they charge me on an hour basis :o

helloshivahere Aug 8th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by CultureLover (Post 7824462)

DIAC wont consider whether its applied thru agent or by own. So its not your frineds faullt he may not be in CSL/SS.

* If I would have been continued with my agent I cannot see my visa atleast within 2011.

helloshivahere Aug 8th 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by CultureLover (Post 7824529)
oh my, doesn't seem too good lol, now i remember someone also told me about this too :unsure: so do we have sort of agents that review the work after i gathered all the documents required? I want to do it on my own first and then have a final check with an agent. Is it possible? and maybe they charge me on an hour basis :o

Its a business isnt?

CultureLover Aug 8th 2009 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7824539)
Its a business isnt?

yeh, i knew it, its not possible at all :o:zzz:
Thanks for the info :D

Les Mighalls Aug 9th 2009 4:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Its a business isnt?

yeh, i knew it, its not possible at all
Thanks for the info
Hi,

I suspect you've misinterpreted that post. I think what he/she was saying is that so long as you pay the agent, they'll take whatever work you are offering.

Cheers,

Les

CultureLover Aug 9th 2009 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls (Post 7826094)
Hi,

I suspect you've misinterpreted that post. I think what he/she was saying is that so long as you pay the agent, they'll take whatever work you are offering.

Cheers,

Les

oh, i c, thanks for the clarification Les Mighalls :lol:, i'll do that then :D

mi5agent Aug 9th 2009 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7824236)
Spouse visas are much simpler then Skills visas as you don't need to do skills assessments etc. Far fewer people use agents for spouse visas than for skills. :)

I would suggest if you do decide to use an agent, give thought to using one in your nearest town or city...its easier visit with documents or problems.