Should I call DIMIA???

Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:53 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of
Question Should I call DIMIA???

Hi,

The waiting is unbearable.... not knowing if we are going or not is driving me crazy!!

I have sent DIMIA an email asking if we have a CO allocated a couple of weeks ago but they have not replied yet (don't think they ever will..). I would like to know if we have a CO we just have not heard of and also if we can expext a visa grant before 1 July.

My question is: have any of you tried to call DIMIA to ask these questions? If yes, how did they react? Were they friendly and informative and what did they tell you?

Also, do you think it could "hurt" our case if we do this?

TIA

Cheers,
Janni
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Smile Re: Should I call DIMIA???

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hi,

The waiting is unbearable.... not knowing if we are going or not is driving me crazy!!

I have sent DIMIA an email asking if we have a CO allocated a couple of weeks ago but they have not replied yet (don't think they ever will..). I would like to know if we have a CO we just have not heard of and also if we can expext a visa grant before 1 July.

My question is: have any of you tried to call DIMIA to ask these questions? If yes, how did they react? Were they friendly and informative and what did they tell you?

TIA

Cheers,
Janni
I am sure some people may respond to this and say 'they are very busy', however, I called them and though I didnt actually recieve any positive or negative information, just them stating that I was in the que, was a definite pick me up. (How sad is that!!!)

I believe the ASPC now has an email service, where you can email them and get an automated response, stating where THEY are in the Application process i.e. date and month, this service may well bring you a sigh of relief. I dont know the email address but I am sure someone will have posted it on here (several times).

Cheers,

PS No I dont think it would hurt your case, I am sure they realise that to many people, emigrating is a great experience but bl**dy stressfull, they should expect the odd call or two.

Last edited by jayjd12; Jun 14th 2006 at 11:17 am.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Default Re: Should I call DIMIA???

Hi,

TIA

Cheers,
Janni

Just a quick note, the email address I mentioned for the ASPC, is
[email protected]
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:21 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Hi,

I think you are right, jayjd12. Some might tell me "don't call them, you'll get your visa soon" but as you just wrote I think I need the assurance of knowing we are in the que and that someone will be dealing with our case whenever that is..

Re the automated response I have already done this. They are processing offshore 11-20 January ATM so I guess we might be granted the visa before 1 July if we are EXTREMELY lucky but who knows? Only DIMIA...

Think I will call them. Just afraid it could hurt our case but hey? You must take a chance. If the operator is REALLY nice, he/she will tell us when we can expect our visa and if they have received all necessary documentation.

Have a nice day,

Originally Posted by jayjd12
I am sure some people may respond to this and say 'they are very busy', however, I called them and though I didnt actually recieve any positive or negative information, just them stating that I was in the que, was a definite pick me up. (How sad is that!!!)

I believe the ASPC now has an email service, where you can email them and get an automated response, stating where THEY are in the Application process i.e. date and month, this service may well bring you a sigh of relief. I dont know the email address but I am sure someone will have posted it on here (several times).

Cheers,
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

I have phoned them in the past to get information for filling in the forms. The person on the phone was very helpful, I don't think phoning them will do your case any harm, but it may harm your wallet ! !
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I think you are right, jayjd12. Some might tell me "don't call them, you'll get your visa soon" but as you just wrote I think I need the assurance of knowing we are in the que and that someone will be dealing with our case whenever that is..

Re the automated response I have already done this. They are processing offshore 11-20 January ATM so I guess we might be granted the visa before 1 July if we are EXTREMELY lucky but who knows? Only DIMIA...

Think I will call them. Just afraid it could hurt our case but hey? You must take a chance. If the operator is REALLY nice, he/she will tell us when we can expect our visa and if they have received all necessary documentation.

Have a nice day,
Hi, Janni. I know it's easy to say, but you have to relax a bit. (I'm having a calm day, so I can write this to you.) Aren't you the one who told me to relax a couple of days ago?
You can by all means phone DIMA, but I'm fairly certain that they will not give you the information that your application is in order. All they will tell you is whether or not your application is in the queue. Sorry.
If you want to chat, PM me. I'm in and out today, but happy to exchange email addresses so we can chat.
Dorothy
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:42 am

Hi John,

We have also called them in the past regarding other issues and they were, as you said, very helpful. OK, we will call them one of these days. Fingers crossed, eh?

Our phone is paid for by my husband's company so no worries

Originally Posted by john_w
I have phoned them in the past to get information for filling in the forms. The person on the phone was very helpful, I don't think phoning them will do your case any harm, but it may harm your wallet ! !
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:51 am

Dorothy, I know, I know.... I should relax but I just CANNOT!! I am seriously thinking DIMIA might have lost our application after they have received it or that they have not received our police checks or... All kind of things. All I want is my visaaa - please ????

Thanks, I will PM you. Are you also on Messenger?

Janni

Originally Posted by dotnron
Hi, Janni. I know it's easy to say, but you have to relax a bit. (I'm having a calm day, so I can write this to you.) Aren't you the one who told me to relax a couple of days ago?
You can by all means phone DIMA, but I'm fairly certain that they will not give you the information that your application is in order. All they will tell you is whether or not your application is in the queue. Sorry.
If you want to chat, PM me. I'm in and out today, but happy to exchange email addresses so we can chat.
Dorothy
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

TIA

Cheers,
Janni
This sounds like someone summing up the courage to ask somone, who you've liked for a long time, out on a date.

You get her number from the phone book, and weeks later you eventually make that call to her and ask her out

She says "Who the hell are you?.............Go out with you???????...I'll think about it"

You reply "When will u decide...can I call again?"

She says "If you keep on calling me...I won't go out with you"

So you leave it for a while...then as more and more time passes...you realise that it was never going to happen.

Feeling better about your application?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:13 pm

But I WILL call them, will let you know what they say, of course...

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
This sounds like someone summing up the courage to ask somone, who you've liked for a long time, out on a date.

You get her number from the phone book, and weeks later you eventually make that call to her and ask her out

She says "Who the hell are you?.............Go out with you???????...I'll think about it"

You reply "When will u decide...can I call again?"

She says "If you keep on calling me...I won't go out with you"

So you leave it for a while...then as more and more time passes...you realise that it was never going to happen.

Feeling better about your application?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JanniDK]:

Everytime we have rang - the operator is able to answer our query without CO. For example they confirmed that our pcc's were lodged on the system and gave us the date.

Seem really nice understanding people - give em a ring !
Angela
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:35 pm

Hi Angela,

Ohh, that sounds really good... I'll call them, for sure. If they can tell me they have received our pcc's and that we are in the que, I'll be happy. To be honest, I really don't expect them to tell me WHEN we will get the visa. If they do that, I'll be thrilled

I'll let you all know how it goes

Cheers,
Janni

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]
:

Everytime we have rang - the operator is able to answer our query without CO. For example they confirmed that our pcc's were lodged on the system and gave us the date.

Seem really nice understanding people - give em a ring !
Angela
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JanniDK]

They're used to us neurotic Brits going through the immi process LOL
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:45 pm

Do you think, they are also used to neurotic Danes???

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]

They're used to us neurotic Brits going through the immi process LOL
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=JanniDK]

Probably - I think my Mum is one of those!
angela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.