Should I call DIMIA???

Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:01 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Should I call DIMIA???

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hi,

What type of visa have you applied for?
I'll keep you updated

Good luck
Skilled independent 136 modl (electrician) so we should have our case oficer.

What visa have you applied for?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:06 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Steve

And congratulations on your visa

Where will you settle?
gold coast
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:07 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glenat

have you researched licensing yet?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:19 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

STNI SA (137). My husband has been approved as Production Engineer.

Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:19 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Sounds really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
gold coast
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

How are you getting on with the information about getting your elec. lic. in Aus. ?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JanniDK]Your mother is Danish???

Yep - all born in Nukabin near Coppenhagen

My grandad was in the Danish Royal Navy.

angelax
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:46 am

Whaat!!??? My father is living in Nykoebing (my parents are divorced) and so is the rest of my family on his side.

You wrote "all" born there - who else? When did she/they migrate? Can you speak Danish?

I think this is really funny!

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]
Your mother is Danish???

Yep - all born in Nukabin near Coppenhagen

My grandad was in the Danish Royal Navy.

angelax
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:58 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by john_w
How are you getting on with the information about getting your elec. lic. in Aus. ?
It's not me but my other half that's the electrician but he has done no research whatsoever on getting a license once in Oz. I have trawled through the archives here and found that he may be able to work as a trades assistant I think, so he'll probably do that and find out about licensing when we get there.
I've got other things on my mind at the moment, like our wedding in 4 weeks!

Last edited by Glenat; Jun 16th 2006 at 8:09 am.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's not me but my other half that's the electrician but he has done no research whatsoever on getting a license one in Oz. I have trawled through the archives here and found that he may be able to work as a trades assistant I think, so he'll probably do that and find out about licensing when we get there.
I've got other things on my mind at the moment, like our wedding in 4 weeks!

Hi

Thought you may find this helpful

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

I'm not stressing about getting my OH licenced in Oz as a sparky, but I have got all the stuff we sent to the TRA together again plus an up to date reference from his employer as I think it will be easier to do from here.

So get your hubby sorting out his paperwork while you plan your wedding

Have a lovely day and all the best for the future.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

The waiting is unbearable.... not knowing if we are going or not is driving me crazy!!

I have sent DIMIA an email asking if we have a CO allocated a couple of weeks ago but they have not replied yet (don't think they ever will..). I would like to know if we have a CO we just have not heard of and also if we can expext a visa grant before 1 July.

My question is: have any of you tried to call DIMIA to ask these questions? If yes, how did they react? Were they friendly and informative and what did they tell you?

Also, do you think it could "hurt" our case if we do this?

TIA

Cheers,
Janni
I have something to celebrate->
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
My 500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:55 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know we called DIMIA this morning.... No good news to report, I'm afraid

DIMIA informed us we had not yet got a CO and she couldn't tell us when we would get one. We also asked if she could tell us if they had received our police checks (which we sent by ordinary mail) but she said she couldn't tell us that either...

I think I'll have my husband (who is the main applicant) call tomorrow again. Maybe he can get some more useful answers....

Cheers,
Janni
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
I have something to celebrate->
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
My 500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JanniDK]
I think it depends on the operator, we have had ones that say, we will only talk to your agent, and others who will only talk to Paul OH is the main applicant. But then you phone again and its no problem
Keep trying!
angelax
Old Jun 20th 2006, 7:38 am

Angela, I think you are right. Well, we have decided to wait and not call them again as they are processing offshore priority 16-31 January, which is really close to 1 February. So we will wait and see what happens next. Should be getting a CO soon, I suppose...

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]
I think it depends on the operator, we have had ones that say, we will only talk to your agent, and others who will only talk to Paul OH is the main applicant. But then you phone again and its no problem
Keep trying!
angelax