Shipping Car

Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:17 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Car

Originally Posted by The Druid
Got a quote from Karmann for £1800.00, got a quote from PSS for car and belongings in a 40FT container £3000.00, Karmann have a very good website and cost calculator take a look.
That £3000 quote looks alright, we are debating having a 40ft instead of a 20ft and putting car in it, but don't have quotes for that size yet. Have you any other detials on what PSS offer...is it door to door/can you pack yourself/are any taxes included? Any info much appreciated, I'm gonna search for their website now.
Marie
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
That £3000 quote looks alright, we are debating having a 40ft instead of a 20ft and putting car in it, but don't have quotes for that size yet. Have you any other detials on what PSS offer...is it door to door/can you pack yourself/are any taxes included? Any info much appreciated, I'm gonna search for their website now.
Marie
Contact PSS, they seem pretty negotiable, can offer any level of service yoou require.

Rooksie, no one is going to quote you on the import duty tax etc for taking your car, thay are only going to quote you what it costs to get it there, as per my previous reply, check out the karmann website, they have an excellent cost calculator and walk you through it.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:08 pm
Neil Raines

I know people who have included belongings with their car, and when heavy
seas caused the belonging to move in the container, the car got damaged.

Australia has very tight compliance rules. Will your car pass?
    >> Got a quote from Karmann for £1800.00, got a quote from PSS for car
    >> and belongings in a 40FT container £3000.00, Karmann have a very good
    >> website and cost calculator take a look.
    > That £3000 quote looks alright, we are debating having a 40ft instead of
    > a 20ft and putting car in it, but don't have quotes for that size yet.
    > Have you any other detials on what PSS offer...is it door to door/can
    > you pack yourself/are any taxes included? Any info much appreciated, I'm
    > gonna search for their website now.
    > Marie
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:18 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers The Druid.

Found PSS website last night and looked pretty good so Steve (my huby) is giving them a call later
Marie
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:20 pm
GC family day carer

[QUOTE=Neil Raines]I know people who have included belongings with their car, and when heavy
seas caused the belonging to move in the container, the car got damaged.

Hi,
When we've had quotes for the car to go in container with belongings we've asked for the car to be completely boxed in so no damage can be done. Most companies do offer this service.
Marie
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Neil Raines
Try

Karmanshipping.co.uk

I used them 15 years ago to ship a car to NZ and they were really good to =
deal with, and very thorough in how they prepared the car.

Neil
Great site and has an excellent Excel Spreadsheet with a rough calculation of shipping and tax!

Follow: http://www.karmanshipping.co.uk/aust...australia.html and then press the "IS IT WORTHWHILE SHIPPING YOUR CAR?" button at the top of the page. Then "click here to calculate" in red...

Gav
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gavstrad
Great site and has an excellent Excel Spreadsheet with a rough calculation of shipping and tax!

Follow: http://www.karmanshipping.co.uk/aust...australia.html and then press the "IS IT WORTHWHILE SHIPPING YOUR CAR?" button at the top of the page. Then "click here to calculate" in red...

Gav
Thanks - thats brill. Unfortunately I could not find my car listed (Golf V6 4 Motion) so I have sent them an email. Hopefully the quote wont be hugely expensive but I think Im looking at £4,500 (inc. taxes) - YIKES!!!!!

Begs the question "is it worth it????"
Old Mar 8th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Thanks - thats brill. Unfortunately I could not find my car listed (Golf V6 4 Motion) so I have sent them an email. Hopefully the quote wont be hugely expensive but I think Im looking at £4,500 (inc. taxes) - YIKES!!!!!

Pleasure.

Try this place for more info on Oz car prices: http://www.redbook.com.au/vehiclesea...LK&family=GOLF

Gav
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gavstrad
Pleasure.

Try this place for more info on Oz car prices: http://www.redbook.com.au/vehiclesea...LK&family=GOLF

Gav

mines a Golf V6 (2.8) 4 Motion - not listed - alas.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:30 pm
Neil Raines

That means it is not sold in Australia, and so spares and technical help
will not be available. Golfs are really only suitable in Australia's larger
cities. In the country areas, they tend to fail rather quickly.
    >> Pleasure.
    >> Try this place for more info on Oz car prices: http://www.redbook.com-
    >> .au/vehiclesearch/valuations3.asp?make=VOLK&family=GOLF
    >> Gav
    > mines a Golf V6 (2.8) 4 Motion - not listed - alas.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:01 pm
GC family day carer

Hi Rooksie, did you get an e-mail back? How long did it take?
The reason I ask is that my car isn't listed either, it looks like in my case the car is too old for the website. It is a Ford Sierra Sapphire 1992 (Jreg). Mondeos are listed from 1995 which are what sierras became.
However our car is modified to be a replica of a cosworth so we've got to work out how to get round that one, our starting point is finding out what value a standard sierra has in Oz.
Marie
Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Hi Rooksie, did you get an e-mail back? How long did it take?
The reason I ask is that my car isn't listed either, it looks like in my case the car is too old for the website. It is a Ford Sierra Sapphire 1992 (Jreg). Mondeos are listed from 1995 which are what sierras became.
However our car is modified to be a replica of a cosworth so we've got to work out how to get round that one, our starting point is finding out what value a standard sierra has in Oz.
Marie

yeah i got an email and also phone call - my car wasnt imported by VW. we are still looking at £4,500 for shipping and taxes et al. bummer
Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:46 am
GC family day carer

yeah i got an email and also phone call - my car wasnt imported by VW. we are still looking at £4,500 for shipping and taxes et al. bummer
We've e-mailed them this afternoon, to try to get an Oz valuation on our car as standard.
Can't believe how expensive it's turning out to be, yet my hubby refuses to sell it so it's going with us.
Marie
Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:48 am
Account Closed

We've e-mailed them this afternoon, to try to get an Oz valuation on our car as standard.
Can't believe how expensive it's turning out to be, yet my hubby refuses to sell it so it's going with us.
Marie

wish my hubbie was of same mind!! he say "no way" (miserable sod!!!)

put it this way, with dog and 2 cats and my car looking at about £7,500 - thats without 4 of us or our furniture!!!! NUTS!!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:14 am
GC family day carer

Red book have replied to my e-mail saying they do not cater for our type of car and that we should sell in the UK and buy another when we get there. Does this mean it can't be exported to Oz or is there another way round getting a valuation done?
Any help much appreciated.
Marie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.