British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   September 2009 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/september-2009-applicants-630406/)

aliah Sep 9th 2010 9:36 am

Re: ASIO Email address

Originally Posted by jovipk (Post 8836031)
Thx Buddy, i am gathering the info just for sake of my curiosity. I am not intending to launch enquiry at the moment.

plus you are not supposed to lodge it so early...it is usually for those who are waiting for ATLEAST 6 months without a word from CO :p

shafaqat309 Sep 9th 2010 9:38 am

Re: ASIO Email address

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8836039)
plus you are not supposed to lodge it so early...it is usually for those who are waiting for ATLEAST 6 months without a word from CO :p

Don't they reply if application is not 6 months old?

Faraz_Vip Sep 10th 2010 12:49 pm

Re: September 2009 Applicants

Hi,

I've received reply from my GSM Team upon sending a status query. Said, my application is still undergoing checks by an external agency. :frown:. I thought if the CO asks for medicals and police checks thats the end of those internal/external checks. God knows how long these checks will take....

Regards..

gr8leo87 Sep 10th 2010 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Faraz_Vip (Post 8838889)
Hi,

I've received reply from my GSM Team upon sending a status query. Said, my application is still undergoing checks by an external agency. :frown:. I thought if the CO asks for medicals and police checks thats the end of those internal/external checks. God knows how long these checks will take....

Regards..

I got medical finalized in April!! And my medicals were requested after 3 months of lodgement.. so there's no fixed process of when they ask for medicals.

luvausi Sep 11th 2010 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Faraz_Vip (Post 8838889)
Hi,

Regards..

Fraz how long after they call for medical and PCC when u submit form 80. because as far i know if they call for medi and pcc after 8 months of form 80. then the checks are over . plz share the time lines with inclusion of form 80 status and submission time

Faraz_Vip Sep 11th 2010 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by luvausi (Post 8841053)
Fraz how long after they call for medical and PCC when u submit form 80. because as far i know if they call for medi and pcc after 8 months of form 80. then the checks are over . plz share the time lines with inclusion of form 80 status and submission time

Form 80 was sent in Oct 09 on COs request.

luvausi Sep 11th 2010 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Faraz_Vip (Post 8841405)
Form 80 was sent in Oct 09 on COs request.

Right ,

Can you please tell which team you are being serviced?

Faraz_Vip Sep 12th 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by luvausi (Post 8841541)
Right ,

Can you please tell which team you are being serviced?

Team 2.

remo Sep 14th 2010 1:49 pm

Dear All,

I lodged my GSM175 online application by 26 September,2009. I have a query which might be discussed earlier on forum but couldnt find out.

I lodged with CSL/MODL valid at that time. Since including MODL points i am able to get 130 points and excluding MODL points my remaining points would be 115, which is less that passing points.

After this new priority processing guide lines and revocation of MODL,being applied prior to revocation of MODL, would I be able to get 15 points of MODL or not.?

gillgee Sep 14th 2010 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by remo (Post 8847447)
Dear All,

I lodged my GSM175 online application by 26 September,2009. I have a query which might be discussed earlier on forum but couldnt find out.

I lodged with CSL/MODL valid at that time. Since including MODL points i am able to get 130 points and excluding MODL points my remaining points would be 115, which is less that passing points.

After this new priority processing guide lines and revocation of MODL,being applied prior to revocation of MODL, would I be able to get 15 points of MODL or not.?

Obviously You 'll get.If you have spent 3K dollares,then have a regular look at Immi website.They mentioned it the day when MODL was revoked.

Cheers

remo Sep 14th 2010 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8848008)
Obviously You 'll get.If you have spent 3K dollares,then have a regular look at Immi website.They mentioned it the day when MODL was revoked.

Cheers

Thanks gillgee for your reply, you are right at the time it was clear that old applications would not be effected.

but if you send e-mail to [email protected] to know about processing time lines, the below is the auto reply which is confusing.

see below reply

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set
new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.
These arrangements take account of the changes to the Skilled Occupation
List (SOL) that came into effect on 1 July 2010, as well as the revocation
of the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and the Critical Skills
List (CSL). These priority processing arrangements apply to applications
already lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, as well
as to future applications.

can please comment on it.

gillgee Sep 14th 2010 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by remo (Post 8848280)
Thanks gillgee for your reply, you are right at the time it was clear that old applications would not be effected.

but if you send e-mail to [email protected] to know about processing time lines, the below is the auto reply which is confusing.

see below reply

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set
new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.
These arrangements take account of the changes to the Skilled Occupation
List (SOL) that came into effect on 1 July 2010, as well as the revocation
of the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and the Critical Skills
List (CSL). These priority processing arrangements apply to applications
already lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, as well
as to future applications.

can please comment on it.

Dear

Your priority has changed;Not your points.

remo Sep 15th 2010 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8848313)
Dear

Your priority has changed;Not your points.

Thanks again, I believe that other members also shares the same view on it.?

525252 Sep 15th 2010 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by remo (Post 8851096)
Thanks again, I believe that other members also shares the same view on it.?

gillgee is correct
points are calculated at the time of lodgement of application and and under the rules applicable at the time of Lodgement

ms1234 Sep 19th 2010 4:48 pm

Hi

My application is in the final stage of processing.

All things are met except medicals which still shows outstanding.

In general how much time does it take for medicals to get finalized. Its been a week they have received the medicals.

Thanks
MS