British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   September 2009 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/september-2009-applicants-630406/)

Tina7 Aug 6th 2011 11:26 am

Re: September 2009 Applicants

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 9541216)
Who put you in charge?????? I was asking Andy_P.....mind your own business...

Do you want people to accept you as you are or would you prefer them to like you?

moneypenny20 Aug 6th 2011 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 9541216)
Who put you in charge?????? I was asking Andy_P.....mind your own business...

I don't know what sort of behaviour you expect from people but from where most of us come from that was unbelievably rude and totally unnecessary. If you want to continue posting, asking questions, getting correct answers I suggest you change your attitude. When we can we offer help and support and it's done through the goodness of our hearts because we want to give back some of the support we ourselves have received in the past. We do not expect rudeness like that and it's little wonder so many people have given up helping when that sort of response is given. :frown:

Faiq Sep 10th 2011 6:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

Today it completed 2 years since i created this Sept 2009 thread and launched my immigration application , at the start i thought i would get PR within 1 year but after 2 year it seems like still long way to go.

At the moment my current status is No PCC & Med request from Co,last update is 06/10/2009 Application being processed further

and document checklist shows
11/12/2009 Evidence of Specific Work Experience Further checking required Message
11/12/2009 Evidence of work experience Further checking

I want to know how many more fellows in same board or some lucky to get Visa?

Thanks,
Faiq

QLDlover Sep 10th 2011 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Faiq (Post 9612425)
Hello Everyone,

Today it completed 2 years since i created this Sept 2009 thread and launched my immigration application , at the start i thought i would get PR within 1 year but after 2 year it seems like still long way to go.

At the moment my current status is No PCC & Med request from Co,last update is 06/10/2009 Application being processed further

and document checklist shows
11/12/2009 Evidence of Specific Work Experience Further checking required Message
11/12/2009 Evidence of work experience Further checking

I want to know how many more fellows in same board or some lucky to get Visa?

Thanks,
Faiq

why it took so long ? is that due to priority changes ?
What is ur nationality ?
Regards

Faiq Sep 11th 2011 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by QLDlover (Post 9612467)
why it took so long ? is that due to priority changes ?
What is ur nationality ?
Regards

I am from PAK, my priority changed to 4 but i can see in BE forum many applicants got visa with same case like me .

My aganet send so many inquiries to CO, no any positive response from them.they just reply with internal checks going on regret for delay :(

Hoping against hope that soon some progress will happen in my case

engineeer Sep 11th 2011 1:40 pm

@Faiq
U r not alone i am also in the same boat two years have passed still stuck with form 80 and internal checking processing .....Now i m totally dishearted with clouds of frustration all around me...ve responded to the form 80 enquiries thrice ........May God help all of us specially applicants from HR countries like pakistan

engineeer Sep 11th 2011 1:42 pm

British Expats forum is the only ray of hope where we share our progress of application...

hamidgamal Sep 11th 2011 5:11 pm

Unfortunately Guys DIAC treat HR countries as criminals, they over investigate us especially Pakistanis and Indians with security checks and internal checks, they are in my opinion discriminated by divide the world LR and HR. we are not criminals because we are may be Muslim. all i can advise you to be patient and you will get your visa when it is your turn.Good luck .

engineeer Sep 11th 2011 5:18 pm

Hamid Diac ppl r doing their job ,,,my only reservation is that they are doing at slow pace...and one can imagine how much painful is to wait for smething....

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 11th 2011 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by hamidgamal (Post 9614145)
Unfortunately Guys DIAC treat HR countries as criminals, they over investigate us especially Pakistanis and Indians with security checks and internal checks, they are in my opinion discriminated by divide the world LR and HR. we are not criminals because we are may be Muslim. all i can advise you to be patient and you will get your visa when it is your turn.Good luck .

Other than assumption, where is your evidence for this? Yes, HR countries are likely to take longer, but you're not the only one who is having to wait. I'm from the UK and have been waiting since January 2009. Do I think that DIAC have it in for people from the UK? No. It is perfectly reasonable for DIAC to perform security checks on people wanting to move to their country. If you dislike the procedure, why apply? No-one forced you to apply. You can't expect them to disregard the rules for you (or anyone else).

There has been a lot of upheaval in the rules and regulations in the last couple of years and it was inevitable that it would slow things down. They also needed to get migration levels under control. If you look at the number of people that had migrated over the last few years, you can see that the number of people arriving had jumped considerably. It is not a huge surprise that they'd want to reduce it to a more manageable level.

It's not a big conspiracy to pick on certain countries (and why you would mention religion is beyond me). Bureaucracy is bureaucracy - DIAC are working as quickly as they can with rules that have been changed frequently. Considering the number of changes that they've had to adapt to, it's a wonder they're doing as well as they are. Be thankful it's not UKBA you're dealing with.

hamidgamal Sep 11th 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 9614189)
Other than assumption, where is your evidence for this? Yes, HR countries are likely to take longer, but you're not the only one who is having to wait. I'm from the UK and have been waiting since January 2009. Do I think that DIAC have it in for people from the UK? No. It is perfectly reasonable for DIAC to perform security checks on people wanting to move to their country. If you dislike the procedure, why apply? No-one forced you to apply. You can't expect them to disregard the rules for you (or anyone else).

There has been a lot of upheaval in the rules and regulations in the last couple of years and it was inevitable that it would slow things down. They also needed to get migration levels under control. If you look at the number of people that had migrated over the last few years, you can see that the number of people arriving had jumped considerably. It is not a huge surprise that they'd want to reduce it to a more manageable level.

It's not a big conspiracy to pick on certain countries (and why you would mention religion is beyond me). Bureaucracy is bureaucracy - DIAC are working as quickly as they can with rules that have been changed frequently. Considering the number of changes that they've had to adapt to, it's a wonder they're doing as well as they are. Be thankful it's not UKBA you're dealing with.

Actually i had been granted a UK Highly skilled visa in a matter of 1 week 2 years a go, UKBA are very efficiently and professionally. would you explain to me why UK granted me a visa that could lead to UK citizenship in 1 week, however DIAC let us to wait almost 26 months and our application not yet finalized? does UK has proficient system to check our background in just 4 or 5 days and DIAC check our background for 15 months or more ?
I know that's their country and they the right to admit people in or not and we have to respect them, but they should implement a faster system to finalize application in an acceptable time frame!
Thanks

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 11th 2011 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by hamidgamal (Post 9614264)
Actually i had been granted a UK Highly skilled visa in a matter of 1 week 2 years a go, UKBA are very efficiently and professionally. would you explain to me why UK granted me a visa that could lead to UK citizenship in 1 week, however DIAC let us to wait almost 26 months and our application not yet finalized? does UK has proficient system to check our background in just 4 or 5 days and DIAC check our background for 15 months or more ?
I know that's their country and they the right to admit people in or not and we have to respect them, but they should implement a faster system to finalize application in an acceptable time frame!
Thanks

Which UK visa would that be then? I suspect you are comparing two different types of visas. I'd like to see you apply for a UK visa now given the situation UKBA have been in with regards to their backlogs etc. UKBA are also more brutal in execution of the immigration rules. UKBA are certainly not more efficient. Have you stopped to consider that the reason for the hold ups could be the origin country? One of the issues that affects the immigration in the UK isn't the checks done here, but the applicants' home country not being that efficient (or co-operative). I'd like to see how you would administer the system. It's easy to be a critic of a system you don't understand. What solutions would you apply? The number of complaints I've seen recently boggles the mind. Complaining about security checks, complaining about the priority system, complaining about having to do IELTS. There was even someone complaining that DIAC (and Australia as a whole) must be a fascist country because of the delays! It is astonishing really. If people hate the application process, why apply? Getting the visa is not meant to be easy, they expect you to jump through hoops. There's nothing unreasonable about that.

Although, I will point out that I don't have anything against the UKBA per se. They are civil servants & I completely support them. They're overworked & underpaid - in the same way DIAC will be too. Expected to do more when they've effectively been given less to do it with.

moneypenny20 Sep 12th 2011 3:58 am

Originally Posted by hamidgamal (Post 9614145)

Can you not spout rubbish like this please, someone may actually believe you. Your religion is absolutely nothing to do with how fast or slow DIAC treat your application. It's more to do with attitude and behaviour of both your government and other officials also the fact that a great many members of your nation believe that fraud and lying is ok. LR applicants often have long delays, longer than some HR applicants and some HR applicants get a speedy result. Much of the time, the delays in HR applications are down to the security checks that DIAC ask YOUR government to do ON you FOR them.

You cannot compare applying for visas in two different countries and I am happy to confirm that you are also wrong in your assumption that getting a UK visa is fast. It isn't, it can be an extremely long and fraught period.