Wikiposts

September 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
No what they thought was they are english so we will try it on....of course its all gonna get better soon, cause by the 15 December i will have no furnitureso we will be living in a empty house.....i do hope the visa comes by the end of the month.....what do you think. WILL IT
I have to say I am hoping for the same thing. We are renting at the moment and the landlord found a buyer for it today!!!!!!!!!! They are hoping to be in for christmas.

I know he won't throw us out on the street but like you we just want our visas. We can fly out at any time and this waiting and waiting wears you down after a while.

After my "bad" day during the week I decided to check my status only twice a day. Once when I log on in the morning and again last thing at night. I have to admit my stress levels seem to have dropped since I started this.

We will get our visas by the end of the month. Think positive and lucky and it will happen.

Trish
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scrum
I have to say I am hoping for the same thing. We are renting at the moment and the landlord found a buyer for it today!!!!!!!!!! They are hoping to be in for christmas.

I know he won't throw us out on the street but like you we just want our visas. We can fly out at any time and this waiting and waiting wears you down after a while.

After my "bad" day during the week I decided to check my status only twice a day. Once when I log on in the morning and again last thing at night. I have to admit my stress levels seem to have dropped since I started this.

We will get our visas by the end of the month. Think positive and lucky and it will happen.

Trish
Yep i now only check my status page 30 times a day now was 50 lol... you would think when you get into your 40s you have more patience.....well i have not...............
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

I have to say im very nervous at the moment, catch 22 situation, selling everything i have and still no visa....david is suppose to start work middle december...got to be there......but what if we are not....does not bear thinking about............
Your in the same situation as us then. LOL

Mark is due to start work in Melbourne in December as well.

We were lucky though as we sold our house at the beginning of the year and are renting by the month from a friend of a friend. Our furniture is all gone but the house was rented FF so that was that problem solved.

It will work out for both of us.

Trish
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep i now only check my status page 30 times a day now was 50 lol... you would think when you get into your 40s you have more patience.....well i have not...............
Have a look/listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI

I promise it will make you laugh.

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Nov 9th 2007 at 5:34 am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Your in the same situation as us then. LOL

Mark is due to start work in Melbourne in December as well.

We were lucky though as we sold our house at the beginning of the year and are renting by the month from a friend of a friend. Our furniture is all gone but the house was rented FF so that was that problem solved.

It will work out for both of us.

Trish
I hope you are right.........its only when you sit down and think about things that you realize that everything you have spent your life working for is now being sold......and when you are finished you are left with a few suitcases and a very unsure future.... BUT IT HAS TO BE BETTER THAN NOW ONE WOULD HOPE....
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Have a look/listen to this.

I promise it will make you laugh.

Trish
listen to what?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

listen to what?

This

Soz - forgot to paste it in other post. hee hee

Trish
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

This

Soz - forgot to paste it in other post. hee hee

Trish
Brillllllllllll well that cheered me up for a few mins, could you keep sending them please till the visas come through......your a good en
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brillllllllllll well that cheered me up for a few mins, could you keep sending them please till the visas come through......your a good en

Glad I made you smile.

Will remember to send you any other good one's I find.

Trish
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fejaouk
Try DHL where you can state the dimentions of the parcel and weight (what is the envelope they are using (465x333), the least they will charge for is 0.5kg. You can state sender, but give an alternative adrdress for pickup i.e doctors surgery. Your probally talking about £50 for this to go to Auz. Also remember to use the courier address at the LCU.

Local Clearance Unit
Level 3/26 Lee Street
Sydney NSW 2000

Just did a UPS quote for you £58.49 for signature on arrive, 1 week delivery time, email when delivered. Package of
444mm x 365mm x 2mm (Rough size of xray in envelope). They charge 1kg as min package. Custom value of £10.00 and declared value £280 (this is what the whole medical processes has cost me).

Scottie
Thanks for that you have all been a great help.

The doctor was a bit of a old fart couldn't tell me the size or weight but wanted it picked up on Monday between 11 til 1 but I had to arrange courier wasn't at all helpful. But got a really helpful courier company who sorted it for me.

Cheers guys x
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We had probs with our panel docotr who just couldn't see why we did want to use Royal mail International but have said if we sort it out, we can use courier (as we're going to pay, don't see what the problem is really)
Can't send meds yet as have to wait for OH's results to come back from echocardiogram, are you having to wait for your son's heart murmur to be checked or is your dr happy that its all OK, hope you get it sorted.
I'll be glad when we can send meds off (fingers crossed) as we can just sit back and wait, with no more paperwork for a bit, I hope!
Good luck

Sam
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

We had probs with our panel docotr who just couldn't see why we did want to use Royal mail International but have said if we sort it out, we can use courier (as we're going to pay, don't see what the problem is really)
Can't send meds yet as have to wait for OH's results to come back from echocardiogram, are you having to wait for your son's heart murmur to be checked or is your dr happy that its all OK, hope you get it sorted.
I'll be glad when we can send meds off (fingers crossed) as we can just sit back and wait, with no more paperwork for a bit, I hope!
Good luck

Sam
Thats been the best feeling no more paperwork!!!

Meds are being sent as Doc said they will ask for us to take him for further test if they think he needs them.
I took him to our GP to who's going to send him to the hospital for another doctor to look at him. But if we dont hear anything within a week we are going to go private (take it out of the australia fund or sell my body ha).

Hope your hubbie is ok, I'm sure he will be.

Where in Oz are you hoping to settle?

Tina x
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I'm sure hubby will be ok, if it turns out to be serious then at least we've found out about it now. He's very fit and well, cycles loads and has never had any indication of a problem but you never know. He managed to get in quickly as there had been a cancellation so hopefully we'll know more next week.
We're still not totally sure where we are headed but Tasmania is top of the list, we loved it when we visited earlier this year but also liked Adelaide area as well. Once we have the visa (hopefully) we will have to make a decision, until then we are open minded.
Where are planning on going to?

Sam
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yep, I'm sure hubby will be ok, if it turns out to be serious then at least we've found out about it now. He's very fit and well, cycles loads and has never had any indication of a problem but you never know. He managed to get in quickly as there had been a cancellation so hopefully we'll know more next week.
We're still not totally sure where we are headed but Tasmania is top of the list, we loved it when we visited earlier this year but also liked Adelaide area as well. Once we have the visa (hopefully) we will have to make a decision, until then we are open minded.
Where are planning on going to?

Sam
Adelaide hopefully.

See what happens when you cycle and keep fit, he sould have been sat in front of the telly eating cake ha ha. I keep my fingers crossed for him let us know how he gets on.

Tina x
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Morning everyone just thought I'd let you know that it's 3.30 in the morning and I still can't sleep. Think it may have something to do with

OUR MEDS BEING FINALISED

OMG - only visa grant to wait on now and then we are on our way.

Before you ask meds arrived at LCU on Oct 2nd and cleared on Nov 10th

THANK YOU LCU

I really hope the rest of the gang who were waiting with me hear something soon. Fingers crossed for you guys and gals.

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Nov 9th 2007 at 2:46 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.