September 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:12 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Ian444
Hi everyone sorry not been on for ages,
So CONGRATULATIONS to all who have had there visa's granted at last.

Beth glad you enjoyed Oz we go in 7 weeks time to validate because we havn't sold our house either, we are staying at my sisters house in Perth and we are really looking forward to going, just wish it was for good.

Ian..
Oz was amazing.......gutted to come back to all this rain!!!!

We still haven't sold our house after 16 months!!

Hey Tina......I really didn't want to come back to UK.....Andrew persuaded me to get on the plane when 'Final Call' was flashing on the screen in big red letters....LOL

Beth x x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ian444
Ha Ha you and me both, where abouts are you going, and when are you going for good?
Adelaide, going for good as soon as house sells we have just drop another 20K this week now the cheapest house in the area if we dont sell before we validate we might take it off the market for a few years

fingers crossed you sell soon xx
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Oz was amazing.......gutted to come back to all this rain!!!!

We still haven't sold our house after 16 months!!

Hey Tina......I really didn't want to come back to UK.....Andrew persuaded me to get on the plane when 'Final Call' was flashing on the screen in big red letters....LOL

Beth x x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Everyone seems to be in the same boat with selling houses, when they do start selling there'll be thousands leaving the UK. lol

Ian..
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,
Beth glad you enjoyed your trip - we go in under 2 weeks , just to validate though but we are going to check out areas around Brisbane and will be staying with my aunt & uncle a few nights too which should be good. We are only going for just over a week though - mad I know but we couldn't take any more time of work

Still waiting for our house to sell too, dropped it by over 50K so far and can't drop it anymore
Hope we all get buyers soon.
Sinead
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Just an up-date peep's. not sold house yet, Estate agent boy that's dealing with house has had major b*****ing for sitting on his a**e & not doing anything!

Just looking at booking flights for a little holiday to validate the visa at the end of october.

Anyway, must dash
Tim

P.s just had quote to ship the dogs £2020.00 for both!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:19 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi All,
Beth glad you enjoyed your trip - we go in under 2 weeks , just to validate though but we are going to check out areas around Brisbane and will be staying with my aunt & uncle a few nights too which should be good. We are only going for just over a week though - mad I know but we couldn't take any more time of work

Still waiting for our house to sell too, dropped it by over 50K so far and can't drop it anymore
Hope we all get buyers soon.
Sinead
Hope you enjoy Brisbane.....we loved it there!!!! Hopefully we will all sell after xmas and soon be on our way to Oz!!!

Originally Posted by Tintsexpert
Just an up-date peep's. not sold house yet, Estate agent boy that's dealing with house has had major b*****ing for sitting on his a**e & not doing anything!

Just looking at booking flights for a little holiday to validate the visa at the end of october.

Anyway, must dash
Tim

P.s just had quote to ship the dogs £2020.00 for both!
EA's don't seem to be advertising much any more.....costing them too much £

God it was a year ago tomorrow I submitted our 175 visa application........and here I am one year later still trying to get to bloody Oz....LOL

Beth x x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

hi everyone!!!

not posted on here for ages either but i have been trying to keep up with you all, in the few spare minutes i have!

well, we're in the same boat too - can't sell the house! so we are off to validated 18 october, only for 1 week as i start a course at uni next week and don't want to catch up on 2 weeks work! ending up going back to perth as the flights were £500 cheaper (total) than anywhere else and is also approx 6 hours less flight time - quite a difference when you're only going for a week!

anyway, glad you're all enjoying your validation trips, despite the expense! costing us £5000 for flights for the 5 of us, trying to sort cheap accommodation!

our plan is to keep house on market, let 15 year old finish year 10 and 11, do gcse's and son finish his college course then hopefully in 2 years the house will have sold! in the meantime i'm going to do something different and am going to uni studying law! this is my plan b in action, can't stand having no control over my life!

so anyway, good luck to you all with the house sales, hopefully we will all be posting saying we've sold up sooner rather than later!

vicky x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:42 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
hi everyone!!!

not posted on here for ages either but i have been trying to keep up with you all, in the few spare minutes i have!

well, we're in the same boat too - can't sell the house! so we are off to validated 18 october, only for 1 week as i start a course at uni next week and don't want to catch up on 2 weeks work! ending up going back to perth as the flights were £500 cheaper (total) than anywhere else and is also approx 6 hours less flight time - quite a difference when you're only going for a week!

anyway, glad you're all enjoying your validation trips, despite the expense! costing us £5000 for flights for the 5 of us, trying to sort cheap accommodation!

our plan is to keep house on market, let 15 year old finish year 10 and 11, do gcse's and son finish his college course then hopefully in 2 years the house will have sold! in the meantime i'm going to do something different and am going to uni studying law! this is my plan b in action, can't stand having no control over my life!

so anyway, good luck to you all with the house sales, hopefully we will all be posting saying we've sold up sooner rather than later!

vicky x
Hiya love........great to have an update from you
Seems a few of us Sept lot are stuck with the house sales and have to validate
Check out the 'Stayz' website for accommodation.....we used them and the houses were fine
Have a great holiday
Beth x x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

hi beth, will get rob to check it out tonight, setting off to work in a mo - on nights!

a friend of mine flies to brisbane 29 sept, she has a job at the mater de women's hospital in brisbane starting in october - she too cannot sell her house but she is going and leaving it on the market, hoping it will sell soon!

it seems funny reading everyone's posts, this time last year we were all hoping for our visas and now we're all waiting to sell our houses! don't know which is worse!

anyway, must go and earn some pennies!

vicky x

Last edited by vickyandrob; Sep 9th 2008 at 8:03 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Samleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud of

Hi,

We are in the same boat as everyone else, house been on the market for a year dropped the price by £50k. and can`t drop it anymore (had more viewings when the price was higher. Got to validate by end of Jan. which will cost between £4-£6k (no problem got that money in my back pocket!!!!!not). I am a brickie with loads of work ahead of me (2 days). We have decided to rent our house out which should cover the mortgage and some of the debts. I have a 75% chance of some work out there at the end of October which is probably more chance than here at the moment. It is a totally different situation we are in now then when we first started going for the visa thinking that we would be sitting on the beach with no debt and maybe £60k in our back pocket looking some land to build our dream house on with a smaller mortgage than here. So now all we are waiting is for someone to rent our house, but I wouldn`t be surprised if the rental market drops sharply (with our luck at the moment!).
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
hi everyone!!!

vicky x
Originally Posted by Samleeuk
Hi,

We are in the same boat as everyone else, house been on the market for a year dropped the price by £50k. and can`t drop it anymore (had more viewings when the price was higher. Got to validate by end of Jan. which will cost between £4-£6k (no problem got that money in my back pocket!!!!!not). I am a brickie with loads of work ahead of me (2 days). We have decided to rent our house out which should cover the mortgage and some of the debts. I have a 75% chance of some work out there at the end of October which is probably more chance than here at the moment. It is a totally different situation we are in now then when we first started going for the visa thinking that we would be sitting on the beach with no debt and maybe £60k in our back pocket looking some land to build our dream house on with a smaller mortgage than here. So now all we are waiting is for someone to rent our house, but I wouldn`t be surprised if the rental market drops sharply (with our luck at the moment!).
Hi you guys.

Its really sad so many Sept applicants are still trying to sell. I wished we had toook the risk like some of the other Sept lot and sold as soon we started the process 2 years ago

Good luck all the house sellers out there
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:34 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Hi Guys

I haven't posted on here for a while but been watching comments via daily emails

As with everyone else, we've got our validation trip booked for 22nd November (a nice waste of £3k plus accom and spends etc), going for just over 2 weeks. The visa expires 10th December so we shall just make it.

House price is down 20% so far and to be honest I don't think there is a market out there at the moment even if we were to reduce it further.

This is a REAL pain for us as we bought land 2 years ago in Perth and when we applied for the visa last September we also started the house build process (My House in Oz) which usually takes about 12 months. Fine we thought, we'll be over just in time!!!

So as it stands our house over there will be finished shortly, and we'll have 2 mortgages to cope with. So looks like we are going to have to rent out our new house over there in an attempt to keep the expenditure under some kind of control.

Wish we could rent out over here, but really need the equity (what's left of it) and as it's an old house (Victorian terrace) then it's hard to keep it maintained and in a saleable position. I'm sure if we rented it out it'd cost me £4K every 6 months to get it back in a sellable / rentable state.

So someone else is going to have to live in our new house before we do , anyone want a rental in Secret Harbour 2mins from the beach?

Ah well looking forward to our validation trip and we still have a chance of sale before then as some of you have commented I don't know how we are going to manage getting on that return flight, especially as our own house will be built and all.

Good luck to you all, our houses will sell soon I'm sure. (My definition of soon? 18mths )

Allan
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Samleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allankate
Hi Guys

I haven't posted on here for a while but been watching comments via daily emails

As with everyone else, we've got our validation trip booked for 22nd November (a nice waste of £3k plus accom and spends etc), going for just over 2 weeks. The visa expires 10th December so we shall just make it.

House price is down 20% so far and to be honest I don't think there is a market out there at the moment even if we were to reduce it further.

This is a REAL pain for us as we bought land 2 years ago in Perth and when we applied for the visa last September we also started the house build process (My House in Oz) which usually takes about 12 months. Fine we thought, we'll be over just in time!!!

So as it stands our house over there will be finished shortly, and we'll have 2 mortgages to cope with. So looks like we are going to have to rent out our new house over there in an attempt to keep the expenditure under some kind of control.

Wish we could rent out over here, but really need the equity (what's left of it) and as it's an old house (Victorian terrace) then it's hard to keep it maintained and in a saleable position. I'm sure if we rented it out it'd cost me £4K every 6 months to get it back in a sellable / rentable state.

So someone else is going to have to live in our new house before we do , anyone want a rental in Secret Harbour 2mins from the beach?

Ah well looking forward to our validation trip and we still have a chance of sale before then as some of you have commented I don't know how we are going to manage getting on that return flight, especially as our own house will be built and all.

Good luck to you all, our houses will sell soon I'm sure. (My definition of soon? 18mths )

Allan
Must be really hard to know you have house waiting for you. We were worried about renting our house out as we have just refurbed to sell to it spent thousands (debt!) It is a big house as well, so not a typical rental. We expect when we sell it we will need to come to UK to paint/ carpet etc again. Hopefully the kitchen will be Ok. So need to ensure we put aside for this, but any real damage shoulde be covered by the renter not you. We are using an agency to look after things. The only plus to it being a bigger house is that the renter is likely to be a relocation family, or someone who wants more space but can't buy at moment. But it is a risk, however in some ways I feel like we have a safety net keeping it. If we sold now we would have nothing to show for all our work and in Oz if prices don't drop as much could end up with a struggle to get on housing ladder again. All I know is I will be grey much younger than I thought.....they are coming through already
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

gurusad is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: September 2007 Applicants

Can anybody help me as I am December 2006 applicant (Class BN 136 - Fitter). have received acknowledgment on 25th jan 2007. till date there is no news from department. can anybody help what should i do.

Thanks & Regards

Guru

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.