Sending info to ASPC

Old May 17th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice
Default Sending info to ASPC

Hello, well after applying for our 176 visa yestereday, we received our email today from Adelaida (ASPC) confirming our application and letting us know what we need to send down.

I am going to scan everything down next week, my question is can I scan the passport photos as well??

They are also asking for our meds and police checks, so I have booked those for next week as well.

Does anyone know what type of timeline we are looking at from this point on. Does the requesting of the meds and police checks mean we are getting any closer.

Cheers

Karen
Old May 17th 2008, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending info to ASPC

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hello, well after applying for our 176 visa yestereday, we received our email today from Adelaida (ASPC) confirming our application and letting us know what we need to send down.

I am going to scan everything down next week, my question is can I scan the passport photos as well??

They are also asking for our meds and police checks, so I have booked those for next week as well.

Does anyone know what type of timeline we are looking at from this point on. Does the requesting of the meds and police checks mean we are getting any closer.

Cheers

Karen
Karen, Meds and police checks are only valid for one year, it is taking 9-12 months to process visa's at the moment, albiet of you have done yours online you will probably be looking at a bit quicker than that, if you have a date in mind when you want to fly to Oz just be careful that you dont be doing your meds and police checks again in the future. we had to do our PCC's again - orinals run out in October 2008, and it was a right battle to get them done because the sytem changed from a subject access to ACPO, and our police were useless, and wouldnt help with teh new ones, took a bit of a fight but we got there.......just be careful that you only have to do your meds and PCC's once to allow you enough time to get out of the UK.

Good Luck
Old May 17th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice
Default Re: Sending info to ASPC

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Karen, Meds and police checks are only valid for one year, it is taking 9-12 months to process visa's at the moment, albiet of you have done yours online you will probably be looking at a bit quicker than that, if you have a date in mind when you want to fly to Oz just be careful that you dont be doing your meds and police checks again in the future. we had to do our PCC's again - orinals run out in October 2008, and it was a right battle to get them done because the sytem changed from a subject access to ACPO, and our police were useless, and wouldnt help with teh new ones, took a bit of a fight but we got there.......just be careful that you only have to do your meds and PCC's once to allow you enough time to get out of the UK.

Good Luck
Hi, we are not frontloading our meds and police checks, when we received our full acknolwedgement yesterday, on the list of items that is required within the next 28 days ASPC is requesting our meds and our police checks. I was under the impression that you applied and sent the supporting documentation down (birth certificate etc) and then ASPC would send you an email requesting the meds and police checks. However, like I said I applied online on Thursday May 15/08 and I didn't scan any docs as I need them certififed. Got the acknowledegement on Friday requesting everything from the birth certificates and passport pages right through to meds and police checks. We only have the 28 days to send this info, they also mentioned in the email that the next step is allocaton of a case office, but of course would not give a timeline. I too am baffled by all of this happening so fast. We are not going on a 457, we applied for a WA state skilled sponsored 176 Visa.

Did ASPC request your meds and police checks early as well??

Cheers

Karen