Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can points be re-assessed if application is already in.

Can points be re-assessed if application is already in.

Old May 16th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road
Default Can points be re-assessed if application is already in.

Hi,

just wondering if anyone can clarify if points can be re-assessed if you already have an application lodged with DIAC.

The reason being that we are currently 5 points short on our existing 136 pre september application due to the withdrawal of the capital investment bond.

We have found out today that the main applicants occupation has been added to the MODL. Due to our unusual circumstance does anybody know if you can apply to your case officer to have your points re-assessed?

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old May 16th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can points be re-assessed if application is already in.

I think you've hit the jackpot, you lucky things.

From here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...lity-offer.htm

"If your nominated occupation is on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL) either at the time your application is lodged or assessed and you have recent work experience related to that occupation, you can be awarded additional points."
Old May 16th 2008, 10:23 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Hi,

just wondering if anyone can clarify if points can be re-assessed if you already have an application lodged with DIAC.

The reason being that we are currently 5 points short on our existing 136 pre september application due to the withdrawal of the capital investment bond.

We have found out today that the main applicants occupation has been added to the MODL. Due to our unusual circumstance does anybody know if you can apply to your case officer to have your points re-assessed?

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Hi Steve and Gina,

I would suggest you send your case officer or region team an email immediately drawing this to their attention. The formal assessment of your application may well have already taken place at the time of any request being issued for the capital investment, but in practice I'm sure that they'll have the flexibility to treat you well. Congratulations!

FWIW following the Aomatsu decision in the Federal Court and then legislative change, these days an applicant gets the most favourable MODL applying at time of application or time of assessment.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 16th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks George and Louie for your replies.

We're feeling very excited now but better not get our hopes up too much yet.
We will be contacting the case officer asap, we never received a request for the bond back in November but we know we were getting close to it.

Have a good weekend.

Kind Regards
Steve & Gina
Old May 17th 2008, 1:24 am
Just Joined

p031642 is on a distinguished road

Quite delighted to see this new MODL too. I'm in same situation, waiting for capital investment update.

I was assesed as 2231-11. If that's posisble, hopefully they will accept me as2231-79, even come to ACS reassesment.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Thanks George and Louie for your replies.

We're feeling very excited now but better not get our hopes up too much yet.
We will be contacting the case officer asap, we never received a request for the bond back in November but we know we were getting close to it.

Have a good weekend.

Kind Regards
Steve & Gina
Old May 17th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by p031642
Quite delighted to see this new MODL too. I'm in same situation, waiting for capital investment update.

I was assesed as 2231-11. If that's posisble, hopefully they will accept me as2231-79, even come to ACS reassesment.

Thanks.
Hope this also works out for you. Someone on another thread stated that you have to apply in the exact ASCO code to obtain the points. We really hope that the new MODL list helps you in some way.

We wont believe it until we get confirmation from our case officer saying we can have an additional 15 points.

All this waiting has been terrible so far with the withdrawal of the Investment bond. Good luck to you.

Kind regards
Steve & Gina