ACPO Police clearance

Old May 12th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Stoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really nice
Default ACPO Police clearance

Hello All,

We'll be requesting the ACPO police certificates shortly (under the new guidance) but does anyone know what information is contained within them, can't find anywhere with a definitive answer! The old version contained ‘Information that may be held about you on the Police National Computer’, but this new one doesn't actually say, The form states: ‘ACRO will carry out extensive authentication exercises including searching various databases.’ so it is unclear what information is held within it - can anyone shed any light?

Thanks
Old May 12th 2008, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACPO Police clearance

Originally Posted by Stoke30
Hello All,

We'll be requesting the ACPO police certificates shortly (under the new guidance) but does anyone know what information is contained within them, can't find anywhere with a definitive answer! The old version contained ‘Information that may be held about you on the Police National Computer’, but this new one doesn't actually say, The form states: ‘ACRO will carry out extensive authentication exercises including searching various databases.’ so it is unclear what information is held within it - can anyone shed any light?

Thanks
Police NAtional Compouter will be the source of the vast majority of info, purely because that is the only info they can release.m It may be backed up by details from other systems, but police local intelligence computers hold info that isn't releasable (if there's such a word!).
The PNC is actually made up of several different databases, so that's probably what the are really referring too.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

cassie_coo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACPO Police clearance

I'm just about to apply for this certificate under the new system too, but am hugely confused. This new certificate is only valid for 6 months. I called up the ACPO helpline number to check and they confirmed this. I also emailed them and they said it's 'technically valid for 6 months but the embassy can request another at any time'.

However, Oz House has specifically told me that the certificate should be valid for 12 months. I'm getting conflicting answers and don't know what to do?!!? I don't want to go ahead and get a 6 month certificate when we want to migrate in about 7-8 months time.... Any advice?