Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sending Important 'Letter' (not parcel) To Oz - Fast

Sending Important 'Letter' (not parcel) To Oz - Fast

Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sending Important 'Letter' (not parcel) To Oz - Fast

We need to send an important document (an employment reference) to our agent in Oz ASAP

In the past we've used Interparcel and have been delighted with their service. As we're only sending 2 sheets of A4 paper, using a courier seems a bit OTT

What other options have we got to ensure:

1/ The docs get there fast
2/ We can track it on the web
3/ The doc gets signed for in Oz

Thanks

BD
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sending Important 'Letter' (not parcel) To Oz - Fast

Given your requirement your only real choice is http://www.interparcel.com and its gonna cost you around £26

The other option is the Post Office's "International Signed For". Its cheap (and I have found 100% reliable) but it cannot be tracked once it leaves the UK. Also stuff I've sent has got there in less than 5 days.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
Given your requirement your only real choice is http://www.interparcel.com and its gonna cost you around £26

The other option is the Post Office's "International Signed For". Its cheap (and I have found 100% reliable) but it cannot be tracked once it leaves the UK. Also stuff I've sent has got there in less than 5 days.

Thanks for the info

Given the importance of the docs/letter, I'd like to be able to track them 100% of the way. However, RMISF might be an option if they're reliable

How much roughly would it cost to use the RMISF option?

Thanks

BD
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Thanks for the info

Given the importance of the docs/letter, I'd like to be able to track them 100% of the way. However, RMISF might be an option if they're reliable

Thanks

BD
we used that service for our docs to the TRA. It only cost about £4.50 and we sent loads of stuff. It got there in 5 days.

HTH
Wendy
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

I assume you are sending certified copies of your ref's ?(as I did). 26 quid v 4.5 quid. Your choice with what you feel more comfortable with. I've sent all my stuff Royal Mail and not had a problem. Others on here may beg to differ.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I started off using Parcel Farce but after a few problems I changed to DHL - I think the docs arrived within 3 days with them!!!

SS
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

PS...BobbyD, The answer to your 3 points is Yes with DHL...

SS
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Thanks for the info

Thanks

BD
hi, i don't want to put a spanner in the works but... given that it is xmas will there be someone there to sign for them? my CO requested more docs off me but i sent them tuesday via royal mail not signed for because i thought there will probably be nobody at the DIMIA to sign for them anyway. i intend to just email my CO after xmas to confirm that she has received them. selina
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by selina
hi, i don't want to put a spanner in the works but... given that it is xmas will there be someone there to sign for them? my CO requested more docs off me but i sent them tuesday via royal mail not signed for because i thought there will probably be nobody at the DIMIA to sign for them anyway. i intend to just email my CO after xmas to confirm that she has received them. selina
After using Interparcel/DHL on two previous occasions - to send our skills assessment application pack, and to send our visa application pack - with both sets of docs arriving in Oz within 3 days, we decided to use them again even though it seems slightly OTT to spend £26 to send what amounts to 4 sheets of A4 paper! Better to be safe than sorry though.

Courier arrived bang on 12pm (just like on the other 2 previous occasions we used them) and assured us the docs will arrive at their destination by Thursday next week - apparently they'll be on the plane which leaves EMA later this evening!

Merry Xmas everyone.

BD
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

A wise move BD - it's worth paying the money. I paid the same to courier my Bond documents - 3 sheets of A4.

SS