Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Secondary Applicant English Language Ability (merged threads)

Secondary Applicant English Language Ability (merged threads)

Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:57 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the IELTS required for a secondary Applicant?

Originally Posted by r11
Quick question:

I am the primary applicant and I have already taken the IELTS to get extra points.

My husband will be the secondary applicant. He has not taken the IELTS, but he holds a US passport?

Is he still required to take the IELTS to avoid the second installment?
Evidence to attach to your application

To avoid payment of the second instalment visa application charge, you must provide evidence that any secondary applicants 18 years or over included in the application have at least functional English.

This evidence should be provided when requested by the case officer and before the visa is granted.

Level of English Evidence required
Functional

You must provide one of the following:

your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.
evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
evidence that you have completed at least one year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English
evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:
your primary education and at least three years of secondary education, or
at least five years of secondary education.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ish-family.htm

From the 175 eligibility page.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 12:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r11
Quick question:

I am the primary applicant and I have already taken the IELTS to get extra points.

My husband will be the secondary applicant. He has not taken the IELTS, but he holds a US passport?

Is he still required to take the IELTS to avoid the second installment?
No he is not. Holders of eligible passports (UK, US, Canada, Republic of Ireland or New Zealand) do not need IELTS.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:12 am
Banned

wowsaint is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No he is not. Holders of eligible passports (UK, US, Canada, Republic of Ireland or New Zealand) do not need IELTS.
Dear all,
I also need some clarification on this matter. I do not belong to above countries and my wife being the secondary applicant need to have IELTS score. If she can provide evidence for any of the following requirements then would that suffice IELTS requirement and she would not have to sit for the test?

- evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
- evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:

Kindly provide your feedback.
Regards.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wowsaint
Dear all,
I also need some clarification on this matter. I do not belong to above countries and my wife being the secondary applicant need to have IELTS score. If she can provide evidence for any of the following requirements then would that suffice IELTS requirement and she would not have to sit for the test?

- evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
- evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:

Regards.
This has been cut and paste from the immigration website, also posted above, how can it be any clearer? Read it.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
This has been cut and paste from the immigration website, also posted above, how can it be any clearer? Read it.
Dear Bermudashorts,
Thanks for your prompt response. I am no more in doubt.
Just needed a small clarification on following assessment results that ACS has provided me in its letter:

Dates: 08/00 - 11/00 (0yrs 3mths)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer: AAAAA
Dates: 01/01 - 12/04 (3yrs 11mths)
Position: Computer Programmer/ Analyst Programmer
Employer: XXXXXX
Dates: 01/05 - 05/08 (3yrs 4mths)
Position: Systems Analyst / Manager
Employer: XXXXXX
Dates: 06/08 - 10/09 (1yrs 4mths)
Position: Manager BPR
Employer: SSSSSS
Dates: 11/09 - 07/11 (1yrs 8mths)
Position: Project Manager
Employer: NNNNN

Does the above assessment means ACS has considered all of the above experience in nominated ANZSCO code or ....? and my cumulative experience as per above mentioned assessment is 10.5 years and I can claim maximum points (as I was hoping to get) for Work Experience in nominated occupation?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:25 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Does the above assessment means ACS has considered all of the above experience in nominated ANZSCO code or ....?
Or it is a joke. Does the letter say it is a joke?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 8:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by newjersey
Or it is a joke. Does the letter say it is a joke?
Seniors,
The reason for asking this question is that , I was in a junior position in earlier career positions like software engineer in my first job, I just wanted to re-confirm that can I claim points on the basis of all the titles which are listed in letter or only for those where my job title/ description is more directly related to nominated ANZSCO job desc (e.g System analyst for 3y4m and rest of the exp).

@newjersey
Thank you for your reply, just wanted to ask you simple question:
Does making fun of others/juniors really satisfies your ego ... then you are more than welcome ...

Best regards.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:22 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Seniors,
The reason for asking this question is that , I was in a junior position in earlier career positions like software engineer in my first job, I just wanted to re-confirm that can I claim points on the basis of all the titles which are listed in letter or only for those where my job title/ description is more directly related to nominated ANZSCO job desc (e.g System analyst for 3y4m and rest of the exp).

Best regards.
I think ACS only mentions/calculates your experience related to your nominated occupation. If you have submitted any experience which is not directly related to your nominated occupation, it might not have been approved by ACS at all.

Also, take it easy, no one is meant to hurt your feelings, its just the way you wrote your sentence that even I was tempted to "fill in the blanks" or ... ?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 5:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by uzi
I think ACS only mentions/calculates your experience related to your nominated occupation. If you have submitted any experience which is not directly related to your nominated occupation, it might not have been approved by ACS at all.

Also, take it easy, no one is meant to hurt your feelings, its just the way you wrote your sentence that even I was tempted to "fill in the blanks" or ... ?
Thank you Usman for sharing your experience and thoughts. Since every point counts for me so I was just extra cautious and I thought its better to ask than getting confuse. Well, I dont get hurt with these small things...but there are always better ways to correct a mistake, no one is flawless. I do respect everyone here who is participating on BE without any material benefit. I am glad that people like you are around to having better understanding.
Regards.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

rehanonline83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spouse IELTS (When to submit- Please HELP)

Dear All,

I am going to lodge my 176 VIC application soon but i have been informed by my agent that my wife's IELTS would be required in the beginning for quick application process.

However, i have heard that her IELTS can be submitted later and if she would not be able to secure 4.5 band then i have to pay AUD 4000 approx.

My wife is not fully prepared for IELTS. She may need some more time but my agent has really confused me and i don't know what to do and what is the true picture.

Please let me know what are my options? Is it true that initial submission of my wife's IELTS can speed up the process?

When can i submit her IELTS?

Please help
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 5:35 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse IELTS (When to submit- Please HELP)

Originally Posted by rehanonline83
Dear All,

I am going to lodge my 176 VIC application soon but i have been informed by my agent that my wife's IELTS would be required in the beginning for quick application process.

However, i have heard that her IELTS can be submitted later and if she would not be able to secure 4.5 band then i have to pay AUD 4000 approx.

My wife is not fully prepared for IELTS. She may need some more time but my agent has really confused me and i don't know what to do and what is the true picture.

Please let me know what are my options? Is it true that initial submission of my wife's IELTS can speed up the process?

When can i submit her IELTS?

Please help
The following official link contains all the details. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ish-family.htm

Last edited by uzi; Nov 23rd 2011 at 5:38 pm. Reason: Correct link for subclass 176.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You can submit her results at any point before visa grant. If she doesnt do it and then you are asked for the results and she has to book test etc then it would slow the process down, but you could pay the fee or just look to do it as soon as you can.

I am of course assuming she is the secondary applicant.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

You can submit her results at any point before visa grant. If she doesnt do it and then you are asked for the results and she has to book test etc then it would slow the process down, but you could pay the fee or just look to do it as soon as you can.

I am of course assuming she is the secondary applicant.
Thanks for reply.

Is it really mandatory to submit my wife's IELTS once asked by CO right after her assignment (In the beginning)?

How about if we would request CO to submit IELTS later before visa grant. Will she accept or process the case normally (Without delay). Once visa grant would be at hand, we can submit the IELTS or pay the fee otherwise.

Do you think its possible?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rehanonline83
Thanks for reply.

Is it really mandatory to submit my wife's IELTS once asked by CO right after her assignment (In the beginning)?

How about if we would request CO to submit IELTS later before visa grant. Will she accept or process the case normally (Without delay). Once visa grant would be at hand, we can submit the IELTS or pay the fee otherwise.

Do you think its possible?
I am really sure my answer covered that.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

I am really sure my answer covered that.
COPY THAT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.