RPL without degree ??

Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

skhanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPL without degree ??

Hi,
I would like to know do we need to have degree to get RPL approval i have 10 years exp in IT and currently i m on Managerial post in IT field
but i dont have any degree i have 11 years education
Can i get RPL approval for immigration?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all
Default Re: RPL without degree ??

Hi skhanz!

The RPL route exists specifically for those without a formal degree but with several years of experience.

As you mentioned experience in IT, I assume you want those skills assessed. That needs to be done as a first step in any skilled migration, and the responsible body in Australia is the ACS. Read all their requirements carefully, and see what is needed to get your skills assessment done. Read the FAQs, and if you do hold an eligible vendor qualification, you may even go as applicant in group B.

ACS website: skillassessment

For help with an RPL this website might be useful too: RPLHelp.co.uk

Good luck!
Sylvia
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:52 am
Just Joined

skhanz is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for ur help any one have gone through rpl process??
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skhanz
thanks for ur help any one have gone through rpl process??
Lots of people! But every case is different and it needs to be your own work.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:01 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by skhanz
Hi,
I would like to know do we need to have degree to get RPL approval i have 10 years exp in IT and currently i m on Managerial post in IT field
but i dont have any degree i have 11 years education
Can i get RPL approval for immigration?
Hello Skhanz,
You do not need a degree for an RPL assessment. If you don't have any formal qualifications then you need at least 8 years IT experience at a 'professional level'.

The ACS also accept certain 'vendor qualifications' for their Group B assessment. For Group B you require 6 years work experience.

Feel free to PM me if you would like further advice.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

Take a look at the list of vendor qualifications that passes for Group B, and pick one that is close to your work experience.

I was getting ready to do my RPL when I found out that I could do MCSE and be assessed under Group B, so I rather went that route.