Renew tourist visa

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Extreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to all
Default Renew tourist visa

Hi,

I have a friend that wants to stay in Australia for a longer period than the 3 months tourist visa period.

Is it possible to go to New Zealand and renew the visa for another 3 months?

I also heard that you can apply for longer periods of stay when you first apply, is that true?

Thanks!
Johan
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Extreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to all
Default Re: Renew tourist visa

BTW he is american if that matters.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Extreme
Hi,

I have a friend that wants to stay in Australia for a longer period than the 3 months tourist visa period.

I also heard that you can apply for longer periods of stay when you first apply, is that true?

Thanks!
Johan
Look at the DIMA website for different visa types. If he is young enough, maybe he can apply for a working holiday visa?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks!
Johan
Hi

Your friend can go to the immigration department and part with approx $200 and extend his visa for a further 3 months.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dotnron
Look at the DIMA website for different visa types. If he is young enough, maybe he can apply for a working holiday visa?
Americans don't seem to be able to apply for the working holiday visa according to the DIMA webpage.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:49 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Thanks!
Johan
Hi

To your first question, yes as far as I know. ETAs are valid for multiple entry and Australia can't tell anyone where to go once they depart from Australia. However, be aware that their Big Brother computer can and will track anything that your chum does involving the use of an Australian visa. If the computer gets the idea that 'serial living in Australia' is going on via any sort of tourist-visa, the humans will become suspicious and trouble could ensue.

The sub-class 676 tourist visa envisages a stay of 6 months in Australia. In the UK, the details are on the website of the Australian High Commission in London. I would imagine that there may be something comparable on the Australian Embassy website in Washington.

Last edited by Gnut Kracker; Jun 22nd 2006 at 10:51 pm. Reason: typos