TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:27 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Hi everyone,

Is there a number of different skills forms for different professions?

My hubby is an accountant and we thought that he should be sending off the PASA (pre-Application Skills Assessment) to NIA (accounting body in OZ).

However reading a number of threads the only form we see people refer to is the TRA. Does anybody know the difference??

Thanks in Advance
A
xxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hi everyone,

My hubby is an accountant and we thought that he should be sending off the PASA (pre-Application Skills Assessment) to NIA (accounting body in OZ).

However reading a number of threads the only form we see people refer to is the TRA. Does anybody know the difference??

TRA is for tradesmen - not accountants. Not everyone is a tradesman.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:25 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Re: TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Hi everyone,

Thanks in Advance
A
xxxx
Hiya!

Different skills are assessed by different organisations.

For example, TRA is for Tradesman, ACS for IT personnels, IEAust for engineers, AMNC for nurses and ets.

For Accountants, there are 3 bodies, namely, CPA, ICAA and NIA.

I used CPA for my skill assessment but it was a no-brainer as I'm already a member of CPA

Anyway, NIA is the preferred assessment body for British qualifications, especially ACCA. You can check out this URL for more information:

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?categoryID=921

You'll have to download the forms and deal directly with NIA for your skill assessment.

All the Best!

CHEERS.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:21 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Hi there Jaj and Zeny,

Appreciate your responses. We have got forms for NIA but they don't appear to ask for references just proof of qualifications was this your experience with your application as accountant Zeny.

Thankx
A
xxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:49 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you say the NIA is the "preferred assessment body for British qualifications"?

I submit applications for UK qualified accountant clients through the ICAA and find them one of the most efficient assessing bodies out there ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by zeny
Hiya!

Different skills are assessed by different organisations.

For example, TRA is for Tradesman, ACS for IT personnels, IEAust for engineers, AMNC for nurses and ets.

For Accountants, there are 3 bodies, namely, CPA, ICAA and NIA.

I used CPA for my skill assessment but it was a no-brainer as I'm already a member of CPA

Anyway, NIA is the preferred assessment body for British qualifications, especially ACCA. You can check out this URL for more information:

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?categoryID=921

You'll have to download the forms and deal directly with NIA for your skill assessment.

All the Best!

CHEERS.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the ICAA checklist:
http://www.icaa.com.au/services/inde...&id=A104207860

You will be required to provide a current CV as well as the documents from the professional body of which you are a member.

If you'd like any help, feel able to send me an email (alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com) with your contact details.

Best regards.

Hi there Jaj and Zeny,

Appreciate your responses. We have got forms for NIA but they don't appear to ask for references just proof of qualifications was this your experience with your application as accountant Zeny.

Thankx
A
xxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:22 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Red face Re: TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Why do you say the NIA is the "preferred assessment body for British qualifications"?

I submit applications for UK qualified accountant clients through the ICAA and find them one of the most efficient assessing bodies out there ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I have two friends, one with ACCA and the other CIMA calling up CPAA and ICAA for skill assessments.

Both CPAA and ICAA referred both of them, who enquired at at different times, to NIA!!!

I have to admit that I based on the above to conclude that NIA is preferred for British qualifications... so, it's not the biblical truth

Nevertheless, I'm sure CPAA, ICAA or NIA will accept a skill assessment request when it received.

Hope that clarifies.

CHEERS!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:31 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

Lightbulb Re: TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Hi there Jaj and Zeny,

Thankx
A
xxxx

NIA don't need references, just ALL the documents listed in the forms. And make sure all the documents you send them is certified true copy by the relevant people.

Reference will be needed for your Visa appplication later.

Anyway, Alan is really the real expert this these matters, not me. I strongly suggest you drop him a line, especially as he has offered to help, if you have any other issue on this or even the Visa application itself.

Good Luck!

CHEERS.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:28 pm
Banned

Smile Re: TRA forms or PASA forms for accountant

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies they are all really useful and as soon as the hubby locates his passport we will be starting the ball rolling to the NIA. I feel nervous now goodness knows what it must be like further in.

Cheers
A
xxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeny
Hi Alan,

I have two friends, one with ACCA and the other CIMA calling up CPAA and ICAA for skill assessments.

Both CPAA and ICAA referred both of them, who enquired at at different times, to NIA!!!

I have to admit that I based on the above to conclude that NIA is preferred for British qualifications... so, it's not the biblical truth

Nevertheless, I'm sure CPAA, ICAA or NIA will accept a skill assessment request when it received.

Hope that clarifies.

CHEERS!
One distinction that does apply is that CPAA will not normally accept accountants with solely a professional qualification. In other words, a bachelors degree (any subject) is needed as well.