relationship breakdown?? please help!

Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

scaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nice
Unhappy relationship breakdown?? please help!

Hey a newbie on here but was told by a friend about this site. Im 37 and have been with my boyfriend for the past 5 years - last year we were able to get a 138 visa and have to move out by October this year. It went on my job and he is getting very cold feet to the point he has walked out twice on myself and our son. It got to the point that he hit me and then left home for 3 days without so much ringing or saying he was ok . If he does decide to leave us for good, how does it leave my son and I with regards to the Visa - on my letter it says we all have to move out at the same time?? or it isnt valid? If he wont move and it looks likely would I have to reapply for just me and my son??! Please help!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice
Default Re: relationship breakdown?? please help!

how did you apply? through an agent... they might be able to answer your question if you used that method...??

Maybe it means that you all have to enter together - if you are and not one by one, so you and your son could go without him... that is how i read it...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Hi

I'm really not sure, but i think one of the agents who posts on here (maybe George or Tony) will be able to advise you; i'm sure they will post a message when they read your message.

I wish you all the best....a man who turns to violence is never worth staying with. Even if it turns out you have to apply for a different visa, be brave and do it...make a fresh start for you and you son.

Good luck
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

scaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nicescaredy cat is just really nice

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
how did you apply? through an agent... they might be able to answer your question if you used that method...??

Maybe it means that you all have to enter together - if you are and not one by one, so you and your son could go without him... that is how i read it...
we did apply through an agent - we are being sponsored and assured through an aunt already there...just sounds silly but I dont want to get embarrased by asking the agent and having to answer the "awkward" questions - hoped someone here has already had the unfortunate experience we are having. It will be quite uplifting not to go with him anyway
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi,
I'll move you to the Immigration forum, but in the meantime, firstly, if he has started hitting you it is time to throw him out, not wait for him to leave. Secondly, if the visa is on your own skills then you will still be able to go. He couldn't go without you, but you CAN go without him.
As regards your son though, that is more tricky. You need the advice of someone with knowledge of custody issues etc, and hopefully JAJ or someone of his ilk will stop by the thread and help you there.
thankyou
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sending love [[[[hugs]]]] and karma

hopefully jal,tony or george can help

love tiff
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scaredy cat
Hey a newbie on here but was told by a friend about this site. Im 37 and have been with my boyfriend for the past 5 years - last year we were able to get a 138 visa and have to move out by October this year. It went on my job and he is getting very cold feet to the point he has walked out twice on myself and our son. It got to the point that he hit me and then left home for 3 days without so much ringing or saying he was ok . If he does decide to leave us for good, how does it leave my son and I with regards to the Visa - on my letter it says we all have to move out at the same time?? or it isnt valid? If he wont move and it looks likely would I have to reapply for just me and my son??! Please help!
My reply has nothing to do with your question...sorry.

If he hit you...you should throw him out now IMHO. He won't change and his behaviour will probably get worse. There is absolutely no excuse for hitting you...so don't accept one...get rid of him now!!!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on a few factors:

1 If you have already validated the visas while still in a relationship, your visas are still valid.

2 If validation has not yet been affected, you need to inform DIAC of the relationship breakdown - This will mean that they will either consider cancelling his visa, if you have the relative in Australia and your skills were used in the application. If it is his skills and sponsoring relative, they will consider cancelling your visa, and possibly your son's if he is not the father. If one of you supplied the skills and the other the relative, all visas will be considered for cancellation.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

So sounds like you could be ok....as you said the visa was based on your skills not his. Is the aunt your relative?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freckles1970
So sounds like you could be ok....as you said the visa was based on your skills not his. Is the aunt your relative?
The child could be a problem...she will need the father's permission to take their son out of the UK.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshtony
Depends on a few factors:

1 If you have already validated the visas while still in a relationship, your visas are still valid.

2 If validation has not yet been affected, you need to inform DIAC of the relationship breakdown - This will mean that they will either consider cancelling his visa, if you have the relative in Australia and your skills were used in the application. If it is his skills and sponsoring relative, they will consider cancelling your visa, and possibly your son's if he is not the father. If one of you supplied the skills and the other the relative, all visas will be considered for cancellation.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thankyou so much everyone! It has been a nightmare..looks like I need to get him to come with us to Australia...at least until I can find a surfer!! It was my relatives and my skills but he is the father so may try to make my life difficult! Ive waited so long - if he leaves after we get out there and the visa is validated...does that mean my son and I can stay??
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou so much everyone! It has been a nightmare..looks like I need to get him to come with us to Australia...at least until I can find a surfer!! It was my relatives and my skills but he is the father so may try to make my life difficult! Ive waited so long - if he leaves after we get out there and the visa is validated...does that mean my son and I can stay??
You don't need him to get the visa! If it's your skills and relative then he can go take a running jump. Talk to your agent as you have absolutley no reason to be embarassed, you have nothing to be ashamed of!

There may be legal issues with your son, you would have to get a court order to take him However courts do not look favorably on violent fathers who walk out on their family. Start making a log of all incidents and photograph any injuries to back up your case, and think about engaging a lawyer sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I understand that life is often more complictaed than it first seems on the surface, but if he has hit you I really don't think you should even consider letting him come with you.

Presumably the custody of your son will be an issue if your partner goes with you and comes back or doesn't go at all. Surely the right thing to do for your sons sake at least is sort this out legally now (particularly as you will have a good case in your favour as there has been violence against you).

Obviously it is your decision, but I would think very carefully. Moving to OZ will be enough of a strain on it's own without all these additional worries hanging round you neck.

I would seek immediate legal advice.

Good luck
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My reply has nothing to do with your question...sorry.

If he hit you...you should throw him out now IMHO. He won't change and his behaviour will probably get worse. There is absolutely no excuse for hitting you...so don't accept one...get rid of him now!!!
Absolutely agree..ditch the loser and go for it without him! Good luck to you & your son
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:32 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Dear SC,

Tony's summary is correct as far as the Department of Immigration is concerned, but I would suggest that you get good legal advice in the UK since if he's the father of the child and things go pear shaped he could easily prevent your son using a passport to travel anywhere.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.