rejected?

Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

loribee has a brilliant futureloribee has a brilliant futureloribee has a brilliant futureloribee has a brilliant futureloribee has a brilliant futureloribee has a brilliant futureloribee has a brilliant future
Exclamation rejected?

Please help!!
I am currently in possesion of spouse (temporary) visa subclass 820 and we will be applying for spouse visa (permanant) subclass 801 in novemeber this year.
Problem is, in may last year my mother in UK took unwell and i had to return home to uk for what i thought would be a few months...turns out it ended up being 16 months due to her needing my support and help with her illness (i shall be returning to sydney within next week or so).
During this time i have obviuosly kept in contact with my husband but as this has been only through phone calls and txt messages, the only proof we have is phone bills, no emails or letters.

My question is, as i have been away from my husband and australia for over a year now, would this affect us getting the spouse visa 801 when we apply and get our case worker in November?
As ive said, i have proof me and my husband kept in contact, although it is only phone bills, and i could also get doctors letters regarding my mother.
I am VERY VERY worried about this and any advice would be appreciated.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rejected?

Originally Posted by loribee
Please help!!
I am currently in possesion of spouse (temporary) visa subclass 820 and we will be applying for spouse visa (permanant) subclass 801 in novemeber this year.
Problem is, in may last year my mother in UK took unwell and i had to return home to uk for what i thought would be a few months...turns out it ended up being 16 months due to her needing my support and help with her illness (i shall be returning to sydney within next week or so).
During this time i have obviuosly kept in contact with my husband but as this has been only through phone calls and txt messages, the only proof we have is phone bills, no emails or letters.

My question is, as i have been away from my husband and australia for over a year now, would this affect us getting the spouse visa 801 when we apply and get our case worker in November?
As ive said, i have proof me and my husband kept in contact, although it is only phone bills, and i could also get doctors letters regarding my mother.
I am VERY VERY worried about this and any advice would be appreciated.
One thing you can do is ask friends/family for Stat Decs in which they can mention how you kept in touch while apart. If you can get Stat Decs from peopel on both sides of the world that can vouch for you this will help. Also if you have any paperwork which confirms the reason that you went home - medical reports etc - then you can include these to help explain your absence