Regional work for 2nd WHV - HELP!

Old Jun 13th 2018, 10:38 am
Just Joined

megbarrow93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regional work for 2nd WHV - HELP!

Hi everyone

I am currently in Australia completing the regional work that I need to do to get a second working holiday visa.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on regards to calculating the days for this?

I am working on a farm strawberry picking. Everything is good in regards to pay. The aspect I am struggling with is the hours.

I am working on a casual basis, some days we have off and the hours are different each day depending on what needs to be picked etc. I have been reading that you need to work the minimum “industry standard hours” in a day for it to count as a day towards the 88.

I am not sure what the industry standard hours are for a day in fruit picking? On my payslip each week it tells me how many hours I have worked in the week in total, not how many hours each day. So I have just been dividing the hours by 8 to calculate how many days I have completed.

Does anyone know if this is correct? Would 8 be classed as the industry standard or should I be dividing it by 7, or even a different number?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any insight and apologies if this was a little complicated