Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Reference Letter for System Administrator wording - Please Suggest

Reference Letter for System Administrator wording - Please Suggest

Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reference Letter for System Administrator wording - Please Suggest

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No, don't! That's fraud.

zinc, there must be someone in management in your company who can list your current duties, and provide them to HR to be included in your reference. If you're an honest person, and I'm sure you are, then this is the only way.
You certainly can write your own list of duties as you are usually the best person to know what you do on a day-to-day basis and then ask HR to include that in the reference. As long as you are not signing it instead of them, it is not fraud.

I have written my own reference letters and got my manager/supervisor to put them on letterhead and sign them if they agreed to the content. It just makes things a lot easier and you know you're getting what you need.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
You certainly can write your own list of duties as you are usually the best person to know what you do on a day-to-day basis and then ask HR to include that in the reference. As long as you are not signing it instead of them, it is not fraud.

I have written my own reference letters and got my manager/supervisor to put them on letterhead and sign them if they agreed to the content. It just makes things a lot easier and you know you're getting what you need.
I agree, Elise. My husband wrote his own reference letter when we applied for his TRA and just had his supervisor sign it.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not suggesting that writing your own points and then getting sign off from HR is fraudulent, I was saying that doctoring a reference by adding to it is. The OP seems to be looking for particular duties to add that fit with the skilled job title. He's either peformed the duties, or he hasn't.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:38 am
Just Joined

zinc1781 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone... I really appreciate your advise and comments and Thanks a ton for your support.
I got the letter from HR in desired format.I wrote it by my own considering the ANZSCO directives for opted occupation. Since i am doing this first time and no agent is involved and don't wanted to miss anything to avoid any rejections by ACS.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:40 am
Just Joined

zinc1781 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the same and get it verified from my Manager and HR , hope it will work with ACS