Reference letter

Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Radbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really nice
Default Reference letter

I am in the process of applying for visa's for skilled migration and am aware that a reference letter will be required from my current employer.

I have been informed by my employer that they will only provide me with a standard reference letter and not an in depth one like the one that is required as this is their company policy.

The standard reference is an employment reference letter that only details date started work, job title etc.

Would anybody now what can be done if an employer refuses to give a reference that is required for immergration reasons? would a basic reference letter do?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

enewer_12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Reference letter

Hi Radbaz,

Dont worry i was given same standard letter by my employer and fortunately DIAC accepted it. I am sure u will be fine. Good luck

Enewe
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Radbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really niceRadbaz is just really nice
Default Re: Reference letter

Thanks Enewe for the speedy reply.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:44 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Radbaz
I am in the process of applying for visa's for skilled migration and am aware that a reference letter will be required from my current employer.

I have been informed by my employer that they will only provide me with a standard reference letter and not an in depth one like the one that is required as this is their company policy.

The standard reference is an employment reference letter that only details date started work, job title etc.

Would anybody now what can be done if an employer refuses to give a reference that is required for immergration reasons? would a basic reference letter do?
ask the following
offer to write you own reference and provided they agree with whats said that they will put it on headed paper and sign it

i did all my own as do many others simply because personel depts / employers dont have the time or inclanation to write out pages of what youve done and when
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Steve,i will sure give it a go.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

ajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o
ask the following
offer to write you own reference and provided they agree with whats said that they will put it on headed paper and sign it

i did all my own as do many others simply because personel depts / employers dont have the time or inclanation to write out pages of what youve done and when
I didn't understand ur explanation clearly..did you mean, taking print out of work experience in your own language in company letter head pad & singning yourself?

Please clarify...
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

best4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh, we did exactly the same. We are using an agent. They drafted reference letters which we had to use and we had to fill in the dates etc, bits which they didnt know about us - and I typed them out, emailed a copy of the draft which my husband's work then downloaded onto letter headed paper . The reference was very technical and one which we couldnt have done ourselves, never mind the company!

For mine, I have worked for the same company for many years and typed it myself on letter headed paper, from instructions from the agents, and then asked one of the higher bosses to sign it.

I think when it is put in front of them, typed in black and white, bosses are more likely to sign it, than actually having to physically do all the work themselves!!

Last edited by best4ever; Aug 31st 2008 at 8:48 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:32 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Radbaz
Thanks Steve,i will sure give it a go.
hi ive uploaded an example here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558201
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by best4ever
Yeh, we did exactly the same. We are using an agent. They drafted reference letters which we had to use and we had to fill in the dates etc, bits which they didnt know about us - and I typed them out, emailed a copy of the draft which my husband's work then downloaded onto letter headed paper . The reference was very technical and one which we couldnt have done ourselves, never mind the company!

For mine, I have worked for the same company for many years and typed it myself on letter headed paper, from instructions from the agents, and then asked one of the higher bosses to sign it.

I think when it is put in front of them, typed in black and white, bosses are more likely to sign it, than actually having to physically do all the work themselves!!
Thanks i will try this first and worry about if they say no to it latter.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve`o
Thanks once again Steve, very helpful tips.
I will draft a reference letter and ask them to sign it.