tra application

Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

jumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nice
Default tra application

hi all, almost there now

just wondering under the section "formal training" i take it this is the college work you do when an apprenticeship. am i right???

and the section "other vocational training" i take it this is other academic education obtained after your out of your time. am i right?

just wondering is theremore emphasis put on your formal training? should i worry? ( being 16 i didn't put my heart an soul into it and just did the bare minimum 2 year course)

or will my other vocational training compensate for this (bit more mature 10 years later an went back an got better quals)

or am i just worrying for worryings sake?????

any advice??

cheers jimmy
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tra application

Hello

Me again, take it you still havent finished your references, were on our last one thank god.......what a ball ache its been too...

Lindsey
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

jumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nicejumbojim is just really nice

ha ha yea...dont talk to me bout ball aches!!!!!

getting there now tho.....references drafted an hopefully right..i've put enuff effort in

how far did you go with the college side of things linzi? did you go into a lot of depth or just include his certificates???

where you hoping to go? adelaide here,if i ever get thru this..lol
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:08 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Unhappy Re: tra application

Hiya Jim! We are just putting our appeal together for our TRA knock back. We finally got to speak to the assessor yesterday (10 days after contacting them for feedback- several emails + phone calls later....). He said we lacked evidence of the course OH did to become CORGI gas fitter (even though training house wrote a letter stating 150 hours class room learning + 1500 hours on the job mentored learning with a CORGI engineer). I truly don't believe the TRA understand how much you have to go through in the UK to take + pass your ACS before you can even be considered for your CORGI license. We have requested + received OH entire training evidence file from the training house (200+ pages) and have to completely breakdown classroom + on the job dates and hours for his training period of 2 years (not easy to do). The assessor at TRA was difficult to talk to as he just kept refering back to 'pathway b + c' and the related criteria without actually listening or understanding what my OH was saying to him regarding his training. He understood from all the evidence we had provided that my OH was a very experienced fitter but still needed more evidence of his training!! All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. Diz x
Originally Posted by jumbojim
ha ha yea...dont talk to me bout ball aches!!!!!

getting there now tho.....references drafted an hopefully right..i've put enuff effort in

how far did you go with the college side of things linzi? did you go into a lot of depth or just include his certificates???

where you hoping to go? adelaide here,if i ever get thru this..lol
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:18 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys

at the tra stage you are not dealing with someone who has any knowledge in your trade as this assessment is for migration only

( later on if you need an "artc" australian recognised trade certificate you will be assessed by some one competent in your trade )

what i`m trying to say is it needs to be fully explained in the sameway as you would to a first yr apprentice
they have a list of things that they look for
this is based on the following :-

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.

hope this helps

regards steve
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

wow diz....that sounds real harsh

what did you put in your original application? sounds like letters and certificates!!!! that more than what i have! i've just got my certificates, i rang the college but they say because they only keep records for 5 years ( i was there 20 years ago) they have nothing for me!!!!!! they dont even deal with city and guilds anymore...and the course has been superseeded several times in the past!!!!!!!!

worried now

dont let this put you off tho....if at first you dont suceed!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

steve o

appreciate the advice (read some of your posts in past you know your onions!)

i think i have the reference and daily duties covered the gaffer has done me proud.
i just wanna know how far to go with the college side of things.....are they really soooo fussy
you'd think they would get a feel for the course when they ring up enquiring bout you

any tips big guy???????
all appreciated
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

steve o

i think i have the reference and daily duties covered the gaffer has done me proud.
i just wanna know how far to go with the college side of things.....are they really soooo fussy
you'd think they would get a feel for the course when they ring up enquiring bout you

any tips big guy???????
all appreciated

one of my ref letters
hope its of use

regards steve

ps this onion thing shallots or spring (lol)
Attached Files
File Type: doc
reference electrical jd.DOC (36.5 KB, 229 views)
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:05 pm
Worongary

steve o

any tips big guy???????
all appreciated
i added a quick link to the city and guilds courses ( some people put in the whole course details but personally i think thats over the top )

ie
Attached Files
File Type: doc
City & Guilds visa.doc (29.0 KB, 164 views)
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:16 pm
Worongary

steve o

any tips big guy???????
all appreciated
on the day to day stuff and apprentiship experiance i wrote the following

ps you`ll notice that i covered each of the points that i mentioned earlier

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

steve o.....
what can i say...your a diamond!!!!!!!!!

feeling much more confident now

i was on the right tracks all along

top man

thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
Worongary

steve o.....
what can i say...your a diamond!!!!!!!!!

feeling much more confident now

i was on the right tracks all along

top man

thanks
glad to have been some help mate
i know it can be a very daunting task especially if your a bit long in the tooth as i am

good luck

reagrds steve