reference from employer

Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

wallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant future
Question reference from employer

Hi everyone im after some advice on my reference from my employer:-

1 what sort of info is required (my trade is maintenance electrician)
2 is this to appear as a statement written by myself and aggreed and signed by my company on letter headed paper, or is it supposed to appear as a statement written by my company on letterheaded paper and signed
3 Im trying to keep this private from my company do the TRA require a company address and do they ring or write to my company to verify letter

I really appreciate any help or advice thankyou in advance Rich
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:30 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: reference from employer

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
Hi everyone im after some advice on my reference from my employer:-

1 what sort of info is required (my trade is maintenance electrician)
2 is this to appear as a statement written by myself and aggreed and signed by my company on letter headed paper, or is it supposed to appear as a statement written by my company on letterheaded paper and signed
3 Im trying to keep this private from my company do the TRA require a company address and do they ring or write to my company to verify letter

I really appreciate any help or advice thankyou in advance Rich
Hi Rich

You need to compile the ref yourself, but it must be on company letter headed paper and signed by a manager of yours. The reason for this is apperently they ( DIMIA ) can do random checks, where your manager ( employer ) could be contacted, just to verify the reference is above board, but it is very rarely this happens.
Do you have a close working relationship with your boss, or a supervisor ????? who can sign this ref for you ....

Hope this helps

Craig

Last edited by C.Owen; Aug 14th 2004 at 9:32 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:37 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: reference from employer

Hi

I think some people have told there employer a little white lie to get them to sign the reference, ie. need a reference to join an organisation or to enrol on a course or something, I did read some good examples but can't remember try doing a search on Employer references.

At the top of the reference put To Whom It May concern and they won't know whio it is going to.

Hope this helps.

Julia