Recent visa grants

Old Jul 3rd 2020, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

flocci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recent visa grants

I am just wondering if anyone has recently been granted a visa? I am aware that things have slowed down since the pandemic broke out but I believe offshore work visas for critical skills (therefore likely to receive travel exemptions) are still being processed. Thanks very much!
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 6:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent visa grants

Originally Posted by flocci
I am just wondering if anyone has recently been granted a visa? I am aware that things have slowed down since the pandemic broke out but I believe offshore work visas for critical skills (therefore likely to receive travel exemptions) are still being processed. Thanks very much!
Which subclass of visa are you talking about? There are visas being granted in some classes, some offshore, some onshore; there are also delays with many - especially where the person would't be able to validate the visa in any case!
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Recent visa grants

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which subclass of visa are you talking about? There are visas being granted in some classes, some offshore, some onshore; there are also delays with many - especially where the person would't be able to validate the visa in any case!
Thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to hear that visas are still being processed! Global processing times on DHA website updated 26th June 2020 indicate 75% are processed by 48 days and 90% by 64 days - how reliable are these?
Work visa for medical professionals. Subclass 482 - any of these being granted recently to offshore applicants?
Old Jul 4th 2020, 5:17 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flocci
Thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to hear that visas are still being processed! Global processing times on DHA website updated 26th June 2020 indicate 75% are processed by 48 days and 90% by 64 days - how reliable are these?
Work visa for medical professionals. Subclass 482 - any of these being granted recently to offshore applicants?
I believe some 482s are being granted to medical professionals, as they are able to request an exemption for entry to Aus. Any other 482s are pretty pointless at present as they can't enter the country.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I believe some 482s are being granted to medical professionals, as they are able to request an exemption for entry to Aus. Any other 482s are pretty pointless at present as they can't enter the country.
Thanks for your reply.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 8:25 pm
Austrailia future

Lucydeanjacob is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jump on this post but I am wondering about visas being granted too.

we were just about to apply for a 4 year employer sponsored visa before the pandemic , everything has been put on hold since it all started and we would love to know when we can get moving again , we’ve nor heard from our migration agent at all with an ipdate

can you apply now get visa and then wait for borders to open or are visa application just not being accepted?
Old Aug 16th 2020, 7:43 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Lucydeanjacob
Sorry to jump on this post but I am wondering about visas being granted too.

we were just about to apply for a 4 year employer sponsored visa before the pandemic , everything has been put on hold since it all started and we would love to know when we can get moving again , we’ve nor heard from our migration agent at all with an ipdate

can you apply now get visa and then wait for borders to open or are visa application just not being accepted?
I did see a comment on another site from an agent who says they are not currently processing visas for people who would not be able to travel to Aus. So unless its a visa in a healthcare field, its probably not even worth applying at present.
Border restrictions are likely to stay in lhere until well into 2021 if not longer, and your employer may not even be able to sponsor you by then, unfortunately,