Travel to Australia for partner

Old Jun 14th 2020, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel to Australia for partner

Hi all,

I recently got married to my wife who lives in the UAE as an Indian citizen and I am an Australian PR holder living in VIC.

She still has a valid tourist visa and the virus situation messed up our plans of her visiting me in April 2020 - now that flights & borders are open, I wondered what I need to be aware if she applies for her travel exemption on compassionate grounds to visit me?
The form (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...9-enquiry-form) states we need to provide evidence of relationship so how much detail do i need to get into with that and do we need to provide photos as well or just the marriage certificate and written statements they state on this page? https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/supp...ationship.aspx

We don't have some documentation like joint mortgage documents as I rent here & once she joins me i'll add her to my rental lease (same applies to adding her name to bills).

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 14th 2020, 1:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to Australia for partner

Originally Posted by nilv
Hi all,

I recently got married to my wife who lives in the UAE as an Indian citizen and I am an Australian PR holder living in VIC.

She still has a valid tourist visa and the virus situation messed up our plans of her visiting me in April 2020 - now that flights & borders are open, I wondered what I need to be aware if she applies for her travel exemption on compassionate grounds to visit me?
The form (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...9-enquiry-form) states we need to provide evidence of relationship so how much detail do i need to get into with that and do we need to provide photos as well or just the marriage certificate and written statements they state on this page? https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/supp...ationship.aspx

We don't have some documentation like joint mortgage documents as I rent here & once she joins me i'll add her to my rental lease (same applies to adding her name to bills).

Thanks in advance!
Australia's borders aren't open, they're still closed but there are some exemptions, such as Immediate Family of an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. That would be the category your wife would need to apply under, not compassionate grounds. I can't help you with the documentation sorry. One thing you need to be aware of (if you aren't already) is that your wife would have to go into a government approved quarantine facility for 14 days, immediately on arrival.

Edit: I've had a look at the document you linked to re supporting documents, just your marriage certificate and some written statements by yourself and your wife would not be sufficient. The form expressly asks that you upload proof/evidence that you meet some of the criteria.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jun 14th 2020 at 2:24 am.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Provide as much evidence as you have ...
Old Aug 16th 2020, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

So my wife got her travel exemption after a month which is good news. She booked her flight to Melbourne for arrival on 14/08 as that was the earliest available but then it was cancelled owing to the escalating numbers in Victoria and she was able to rebook it for 21/08. But that too got cancelled, this time until further notice.
An option is for her to travel to another state that permits international arrivals like Queensland, New South Wales etc where she'd have to quarantine as she cannot have an onward domestic flight to Melbourne straight away.
Does anyone know if she has to quarantine again when she enters Victoria? I cannot seem to find any information on quarantine requirements for interstate travel.

Thanks,
Old Aug 16th 2020, 7:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

So my wife got her travel exemption after a month which is good news. She booked her flight to Melbourne for arrival on 14/08 as that was the earliest available but then it was cancelled owing to the escalating numbers in Victoria and she was able to rebook it for 21/08. But that too got cancelled, this time until further notice.
An option is for her to travel to another state that permits international arrivals like Queensland, New South Wales etc where she'd have to quarantine as she cannot have an onward domestic flight to Melbourne straight away.
Does anyone know if she has to quarantine again when she enters Victoria? I cannot seem to find any information on quarantine requirements for interstate travel.

Thanks,
No chance of flying into Victoria. They are not accepting international passenger arrivals at present.
Flying into other States is the answer, but flights are hard to come by due to caps on numbers for each airport. And there is no guarantee of the flight operating, right up until departure.
She will need to pay for Quarantine in her port of entry.

For travelling to Victoria, https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/covi...tic-travel/vic Scroll down to Domestic Border Arrangements - but beware, this can change at any time.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Unless this visit will be for more than four weeks I wouldn’t be bothering.