re boyfriends

Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

scampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant future
Default re boyfriends

we have got our skilled perminant visa and are going to brisbane at theend of the year. My daughters boyfriend wants to come as they cant bear to be parted. if they married would he get a spouse visa or how can he come out with us? any help would be appreciated. He will be 19 when we go.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re boyfriends

Originally Posted by scampie
we have got our skilled perminant visa and are going to brisbane at theend of the year. My daughters boyfriend wants to come as they cant bear to be parted. if they married would he get a spouse visa or how can he come out with us? any help would be appreciated. He will be 19 when we go.
She'd need to go to Aus and they'd have to prove they've lived together for around a year and could get defacto visa, if they get married prior then she wouldn't be classed as one of your dependents, with defacto they can take several months (not sure what the restrictions are) and then get married to see if they both like being in Aus
Or if she validates her visa she can stop in UK for up to 5 years with him then get married (better than 19 getting wed IMO) and then move over to Aus within the 5 year period he could then go with her as her husband and her holding a visa
Would speak to an agent as I'm no expert, only what I've picked up on here.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:56 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re boyfriends

Provided he's got enough money in the bank, my thoughts would be to go over on a WHV and live together for the 2 years (fulfilling the seasonal work requirements) that way they can have the de facto thing going through during the second year and should just have to make a short trip to validate!

That way nobody has to get married in a hurry and they get to spend proper time together before making that commitment. He will need some money in the bank though!

hope that this helps a bit!

Ali x