Skills assessment question

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

rogue007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills assessment question

G'day folks!

I think i've received bad advice and in my haste acted upon it.

I've applied for the skilled migration visa online (last week). However, I've not had my skills assessed yet (i know i will definitely pass the assessment).

On the DIAC website it says application in progress, and in the list of requested documents it does not mention evidence of skills assessment.

On the list it also requests health check, xrays, blood test etc. But I feel my application will be rejected as a result of the skills assessment problem, so did not want to fork out more money for the health check if my application is likely to fail.

Anyone know whether or not I'd be able to submit my skills assessment at a later stage? Or will this be a costly mistake?

Any input appreciated, many thanks
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Re: Skills assessment question

as far as i know, skills assessment is the FIRST thing you need to do, before anything else
because if you DON'T pass that, then there is no point doing anything else

someone correct me if i'm wrong
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

How did you apply for the visa online without the reference number for the skills assessment?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

STREAKY is an unknown quantity at this point

the only advice i could give is to get your skills assessment sent off straight away,hopefully will be back positive and you can just scan and attach,i also did online in november but have not done meds or police checks and have not been contacted ,what i am saying is you may have a couple of months ????????,before your applicaction is looked at,i,m sure someone will let you know if this is wrong
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
How did you apply for the visa online without the reference number for the skills assessment?
I indicated that i had not had my skills assesed on the application form and it was accepted.... Ie went on to the next page . So assumed would be ok.

I applied for the assesment yesterday soon as i realised.

Anyhow whatever the outcome.....................no worries
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogue007
Thanks for the replies.

I indicated that i had not had my skills assesed on the application form and it was accepted.... Ie went on to the next page . So assumed would be ok.

I applied for the assesment yesterday soon as i realised.

Anyhow whatever the outcome.....................no worries
Out of curiosity was it from this website that you were ill informed? It might be wise to track down the thread and correct the mistake for the sake of others.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

bloodfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

My OH is a print finisher where would he get his assessment from?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Out of curiosity was it from this website that you were ill informed? It might be wise to track down the thread and correct the mistake for the sake of others.
No not from this site, from a work colleague
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Originally Posted by ChocCake
as far as i know, skills assessment is the FIRST thing you need to do, before anything else

My OH sent the forms off to Vetassess first as were advised to do so. They've taken the payment, but have't received anything in writing yet. a long wait....
As soon as test date set, will let people know how long it took from payment to test date!

Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rogue007
G'day folks!

I think i've received bad advice and in my haste acted upon it.

I've applied for the skilled migration visa online (last week). However, I've not had my skills assessed yet (i know i will definitely pass the assessment).

On the DIAC website it says application in progress, and in the list of requested documents it does not mention evidence of skills assessment.

On the list it also requests health check, xrays, blood test etc. But I feel my application will be rejected as a result of the skills assessment problem, so did not want to fork out more money for the health check if my application is likely to fail.

Anyone know whether or not I'd be able to submit my skills assessment at a later stage? Or will this be a costly mistake?

Any input appreciated, many thanks

Hi, When you say you've applied for the skills migration visa...who did you apply to?

Lee
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

ChocCake......You are right!!lol
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LeeLee
ChocCake......You are right!!lol
yer.. i know!!
which is why im still b****y doing mine!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

yer.. i know!!
which is why im still b****y doing mine!!
Don't worry, you're not then only one...i've still got to get all my documents certified I want to send it in asap so i can get on the april practical test, if not..i'll have to wait till june!!:curse:
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi, When you say you've applied for the skills migration visa...who did you apply to?

Lee
Applied directly online on

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't worry, you're not then only one...i've still got to get all my documents certified I want to send it in asap so i can get on the april practical test, if not..i'll have to wait till june!!:curse:
well, im waiting for my uni cert (i had to applied for a re-issue, as i cannot find the original, in fact cannot remember ever receiving it) to come through the door, before i can get everything certified

so in the meantime, got to get all my ACS refs, resume, etc ready!

sigh...... sometimes you ask yourself, will it really be worth it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.