Re: Applying for a visa

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice
Default Re: Applying for a visa

I would like some advise on applying for a visa, my husband has a skill that is wanted in Australia, also I have 2 cousins living there. Is it better to go through and agent or obtain visa yourself. If an agent is better can anyone recommend a good one and let me know how much it is likely to cost. We have 5 children and are very concerned at the rate in which this country is going downhill, so are looking for a better future for our children On speaking to my cousin who has lived in brisbane for around 15 years he thinks it would be a good move for us any advise good or bad gratefully appreciated.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there.

We are at the very start of the process as well and have decided to try doing it ourselves. Have a friend who is using an agent and so far its seems to me that she has having to do all the leg work and fill in the same amount of forms as we will have to do. I don't really understand what she is paying all that extra money for.

I am sure that others on here will disagree with me and as I say we are at the very start and things may come up in the future that might change my mind about agents.

I am sure that if I need help, the guys on here will advise me on what to do.
I have learned so much on this site already.

Good luck
Sharon
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:42 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, have a look at: http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm

It will depend if you have a straightforward skills assessment and visa application.

If you decide to use an agent, George Lombard and GoMatilda are highly recommended.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by amberandjason
I would like some advise on applying for a visa, my husband has a skill that is wanted in Australia, also I have 2 cousins living there. Is it better to go through and agent or obtain visa yourself. If an agent is better can anyone recommend a good one and let me know how much it is likely to cost. We have 5 children and are very concerned at the rate in which this country is going downhill, so are looking for a better future for our children On speaking to my cousin who has lived in brisbane for around 15 years he thinks it would be a good move for us any advise good or bad gratefully appreciated.
We are using the Visa Bureau and I would highly recommend them - which I have done on various threads.

Good thing about an agent is that they source the paperwork for you and have the experience to know how to compile references etc. They will check all paperwork before submitting it.
My hubbie and I both work and have 3 boys so our time is limited.
Reading through other threads you will find that other people have successfully gone through the process on their own and used this website to source any info. I guess it really depends on your current circumstances.
Here are the details for the Visa Bureau - our migration caseworker is called Athena Capper and she is fantastic!!

15 Harwood Road
Fulham
SW6 4QP
United Kingdom

Direct Line: +44 (0)207 731 9034
Tel: +44 (0)207 731 9000
Fax: +44 (0)207 731 9001

http://www.visabureau.com
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, it all depends on how confident you are about doing the applications yourself. If you make sure that you supply all the relevant information, good detailed references and as much work history as possible, you should be fine. Just remember that if you send the TRA in and you do not fill it in correctly, I think that you will have to pay the fee again when you send in another one (Hopefully this will not happen, but just so that you are aware).
We used www.1st contact.co.uk and found their services to be excellent. At the time we applied it was a "No visa no fee" service, so it might be worth giving them a call to see if they still offer the same. It cost us £1500 plus V.A.T for the agent, approximately £200 for the TRA, approx £900 for the Australian government fee and about £550 for the meds (2 adults and 1 child aged 8).
I hope that this helps and I am certain that if you are unsure about anything, somebody on this site will be able to help. Good luck.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Sorry that link did not work try this
www.1stcontact.co.uk