A question about resident return visas

Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:46 am
Jack.

Default A question about resident return visas

Dear friends,

A resident return visa is what you apply for once your PR visa expires.

I have a question for which I cannot find an answer from the Internet:

So what happens AFTER a Resident Return Visa expires? Do you continue to
apply for another Resident Return Visa from then on, continuously?

Thanks for any answers given!

Yours,

Jack.

Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Suachris is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A question about resident return visas

Originally Posted by Jack.
Dear friends,

Yours,

Jack.
After having lived in the Australia for two years, you apply for Citizenship. You will then qualify for an Australian passport and then will not need a visa any longer.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jack.
Dear friends,

Yours,

Jack.
The PR visa doesn't expire as long as you are in Australia. The RRV allows you to travel in and out of Australia therefore you don't need one if you're not going to leave the country (I believe if you are out of Australia when your RRV expires you also lose your PR visa as you will need a new visa to re-enter australia)
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
The PR visa doesn't expire as long as you are in Australia. The RRV allows you to travel in and out of Australia therefore you don't need one if you're not going to leave the country (I believe if you are out of Australia when your RRV expires you also lose your PR visa as you will need a new visa to re-enter australia)
If you are outside of Oz on after the "must not enter Australia after" date (a PR visa doesn't expire as such), you can still apply for an RRV. Though if you have any sense you would sort it out before you leave!

As far as I know, you can keep applying for RRVs for each journey you make. Though applying for citizenship after a couple of years would be much easier.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
If you are outside of Oz on after the "must not enter Australia after" date (a PR visa doesn't expire as such), you can still apply for an RRV. Though if you have any sense you would sort it out before you leave!

As far as I know, you can keep applying for RRVs for each journey you make. Though applying for citizenship after a couple of years would be much easier.
You can apply for a new RRV even after the old one has expired, but if you don't meet the requirements it will be refused:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

Although it depends on circumstances, it gets increasingly difficult to get an RRV the longer you stay away from Australia.

Jeremy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough

Am curious, those who plan to go to australia to validate their PR visa and leave a few weeks later to sort things out from their home land then comes back again to stay permanently, do they have to apply for a Return Resident Visa before leaving?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelico
Am curious, those who plan to go to australia to validate their PR visa and leave a few weeks later to sort things out from their home land then comes back again to stay permanently, do they have to apply for a Return Resident Visa before leaving?

Form 968i makes it clear that the answer is no.

Although if they want to avoid hassle they do need to clock up 2 years in Australia in the 5 years from visa grant, hence they should not stay away indefinitely.

Jeremy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ

Form 968i makes it clear that the answer is no.

Although if they want to avoid hassle they do need to clock up 2 years in Australia in the 5 years from visa grant, hence they should not stay away indefinitely.

Jeremy
Thanks for clearning that up Jeremy, was a littlle bit confused with RRV policy.